bmw-x5-m-2010-tail-overview_w800.jpg

bmw-x5-m-2010-yacht-club-studio_w800.jpg

bmw-x5-m-2010-m-badge_w800.jpg

bmw-x5-m-2010-interior-center-stack-detail_w800.jpg

bmw-x5-m-2010-interior-overview_w800.jpg

bmw-x5-m-2010-shift-lever-detail_w800.jpg

bmw-x5-m-2010-wheel-detail_w800.jpg

2010 BMW X5 M Specifications
<TABLE class=specs cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=spec_title colSpan=2>Chassis</TD></TR><TR><TD>Brakes (Front)</TD><TD>15.6 inch rotors</TD></TR><TR class=grey><TD>Brakes (Rear)</TD><TD>15.2 inch rotors</TD></TR><TR><TD>Wheels</TD><TD>20 inch light-alloy M Sport wheels</TD></TR><TR class=grey><TD>Tires Front</TD><TD>275/40-20 Bridgestone</TD></TR><TR><TD>Tires Rear</TD><TD>315/35-20 Bridgestone</TD></TR><TR class=grey><TD>Front Suspension</TD><TD>Double-wishbone front control arms</TD></TR><TR><TD>Rear Suspension</TD><TD>Integral four-link rear axle </TD></TR><TR><TD class=spec_title colSpan=2>Drivetrain</TD></TR><TR><TD>Layout</TD><TD>Front Engine, AWD</TD></TR><TR class=grey><TD>Transmission</TD><TD>6 Speed M Sport Paddle-Shifted Automanual</TD></TR><TR><TD>Differential</TD><TD>Electronic front and rear LSD</TD></TR><TR><TD class=spec_title colSpan=2>Engine</TD></TR><TR><TD>Type:</TD><TD>Direct injection BMW M Sport V8</TD></TR><TR class=grey><TD>Compression Ratio</TD><TD>9.30:1</TD></TR><TR><TD>Displacement</TD><TD>4.4 liters</TD></TR><TR class=grey><TD>Induction</TD><TD>Twin Garett turbochargers, 21.0 PSI</TD></TR><TR><TD>Horsepower</TD><TD>555 bhp @ 6000 rpm</TD></TR><TR class=grey><TD>Torque</TD><TD>500 lb-ft. @ 1500 to 5650 rpm</TD></TR><TR><TD class=spec_title colSpan=2>Exterior</TD></TR><TR><TD>Body Type</TD><TD>4 Door, 5 Seat SUV</TD></TR><TR><TD class=spec_title colSpan=2>Performance</TD></TR><TR><TD>Acceleration 0-60 mph s:</TD><TD>4.5 seconds</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Base Price: 2010 BMW X5 M: Reported $90,000

Last edited:
he original luxury SUV on steroids: BMW X5 M

Hot on the heels of the announcement of the brand new M Power version of its X6 SUV, BMW has released full photos and details for its other new high-flying sport 'ute, based of the latest generation of X5. The 2010 X5 M (thank a certain snarky little Mazda roadster for the confusing nomenclature) has the same powertrain as the X6 M, but based on its structure and interior it is a bit of a different beast.

The X6 M is a little lighter and seats 4 in comfort, while the X5 M seats 5 with a bit more total interior and cargo space. The tradeoff should be a slight bit of performance and a more traditional, boxy shape. With the new gaping front air dams and tasteful aerodynamics on an already very good looking car, the 2010 X5 M is the much more attractive of the two.

In the powertrain department, the 2010 BMW X5 M gets an identical drivetrain, the new twin turbocharged V8 developed fresh for the M models and a very nice electronic AWD system with all the expected torque-splitting capabilities. The power management system is based tightly from the xDrive system in standard X5 and X6 models, but has been tuned for driving performance at the expense of a little comfort, and to stand up to all that extra twist.

BMW's X5 received a complete redesign a couple of years ago, growing a bit and really coming into its own as the leader of the luxury SUV segment. The M Sport bits go well here, BMW carries over the M theme from its 3 and 5 series, leaving the exterior of the car mostly unchanged and highlighted by tasteful M bits rather than being overburdended by too many sporty design details.

The X5 M will likely be a few thousand less than the X6, slotting it in at a base price that early reports peg at $90,0000. That's a lot of bread for a strange breed of car, but if Porsche Cayenne sales are any indication there is a real market for scary AWD highway eating monsters.
-RSportsCars

2010 Bmw X6 M

bmw-x6-m-2010-front-main-blur_w800.jpg

bmw-x6-m-2010-front-main-wallpaper_w800.jpg

bmw-x6-m-2010-front-in-shadows_w800.jpg

bmw-x6-m-2010-front-quarter-sunflare_w800.jpg

bmw-x6-m-2010-profile-blur-roadholding_w800.jpg

bmw-x6-m-2010-profile-quarter-view_w800.jpg

bmw-x6-m-2010-profile-studio_w800.jpg

bmw-x6-m-2010-wheel-detail_w800.jpg

2010 BMW X6 M Specifications
<TABLE class=specs cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=spec_title colSpan=2>Chassis</TD></TR><TR><TD>Brakes (Front)</TD><TD>15.6 inch rotors</TD></TR><TR class=grey><TD>Brakes (Rear)</TD><TD>15.2 inch rotors</TD></TR><TR><TD>Tires Front</TD><TD>275/40-20 Bridgestone</TD></TR><TR class=grey><TD>Tires Rear</TD><TD>315/35-20 Bridgestone</TD></TR><TR><TD>Wheels</TD><TD>20 inch light-alloy M Sport wheels</TD></TR><TR class=grey><TD>Rear Suspension</TD><TD>Integral four-link rear axle </TD></TR><TR><TD>Front Suspension</TD><TD>Double-wishbone front control arms</TD></TR><TR><TD class=spec_title colSpan=2>Drivetrain</TD></TR><TR><TD>Layout</TD><TD>Front Engine, AWD</TD></TR><TR class=grey><TD>Transmission</TD><TD>6 Speed M Sport Paddle-Shifted Automanual</TD></TR><TR><TD>Differential</TD><TD>Electronic front and rear LSD</TD></TR><TR><TD class=spec_title colSpan=2>Engine</TD></TR><TR><TD>Type:</TD><TD>Direct injection BMW M Sport V8</TD></TR><TR class=grey><TD>Induction</TD><TD>Twin Garett turbochargers, 21.0 PSI</TD></TR><TR><TD>Displacement</TD><TD>4.4 liters</TD></TR><TR class=grey><TD>Torque</TD><TD>500 lb-ft. @ 1500 to 5650 rpm</TD></TR><TR><TD>Horsepower</TD><TD>555 bhp @ 6000 rpm</TD></TR><TR class=grey><TD>Compression Ratio</TD><TD>9.30:1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=spec_title colSpan=2>Exterior</TD></TR><TR><TD>Body Type</TD><TD>4 Door, 4 Seat SUV</TD></TR><TR><TD class=spec_title colSpan=2>Performance</TD></TR><TR><TD>Acceleration 0-60 mph</TD><TD>4.5 seconds

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Base Price: 2010 BMW X6 M: Reported $95,000</B>

BMW has finally made official the long-rumored M versions of the X5 and X6 "Sports Activity Vehicles". Of the two new power 'utes, which are closest competitors to the Porsche Cayenne Turbo, the 2010 BMW X6 M is the more exciting, with its rakish shape and a brand new BMW M Power engine finally packing enough ponies to give the X6 its day in the sun.

BMW M Power models have always been about so much more than straight-line speed, so to make the 2010 X6 M a well-rounded car with enough capabilities in the twisties to justify its lineage was part of the deal. The torque distribution and suspension systems that debuted on the X6 did not need a whole lot of modification to be up to the M challenge, but early drive reports should confirm that BMW has really gone the extra mile here.

The first turbo M motor ever

The M engine in question, a brand new twin-Garett-turbo packing 4.4 liter V8, is an evolution of the naturally aspirated V8 used in X5 and X6 models. The 8 marks the first time a BMW M Model has received any type of force feeding. Output is pegged at 555 horses, which is not-so-coincidentally 5 more horsepower than the Porsche Cayenne Turbo S.

Torque is rated at 500 lb-ft., nothing crazy by the X6 M's competitor standards, but the innovative turbocharging system BMW has developed should make sure all that thrust is available at a moment's notice with little-to-no turbo lag.

A complex intake and exhaust management system BMW is calling Cylinder-bank Comprehensive Manifold (CCM) makes sure that reused exhaust gases are passed through the turbo system and back into the manifold with every cylinder rotation rather than in the waves of power found in conventional turbos. The result is a promised constant stream of boost, and at 21 PSI there's plenty of it.

To prepare for all that boost, BMW has beefed up the new 4.4's internals dramatically. 4.5 super-smooth seconds through 60 mph tell the tale that such a heavy and tall monstrosity has true sporting potential.

Price info has not been finalized. The Cayenne Turbo runs a hair under $100,000 to start, so expect something in the $90,000s.
-RSportsCars

I like the X5 M better out of the two. But I really like the original X5 4.6is/4.8is more.

DSCF0122.jpg

Oh gosh no!! What were they thinking with the X6?? Thats quite an ugly coupe/hatch/crossover thing they were trying to go for!! Blahh

Yeah looks like the took the X5 and chopped off half the rear of it!!

Horribly ugly but I'm sure all the rich girls will think it's cute and make daddy buy them one!!

Somebody goofed up in the article, the V8 in the X6 isn't naturally aspirated. It's an N63 - the biturbo V8 (The X5 runs the naturally aspirated N62 V8), but it's only running about 11.5psi (0.8 bar). I wonder if they just upped the boost on the N63 and made larger intercoolers for it?

X6 is ugly as hell, but the rear differential & engine are pretty trick. The ugly styling and bits of odd engineering (i.e. the wheels are different hub size/offset front to rear) just ruin it for me. Just like the new 5 series GT, it's not selling for s***.

Last edited:
Somebody goofed up in the article, the V8 in the X6 isn't naturally aspirated. It's an N63 - the biturbo V8 (The X5 runs the naturally aspirated N62 V8), but it's only running about 11.5psi (0.8 bar). I wonder if they just upped the boost on the N63 and made larger intercoolers for it?

X6 is ugly as hell, but the rear differential & engine are pretty trick. The ugly styling and bits of odd engineering (i.e. the wheels are different hub size/offset front to rear) just ruin it for me. Just like the new 5 series GT, it's not selling for s***.

The X6 uses the same V8 TT that the new 7 series has and the 5, 6, and X5 will be receiving in the near future. The X5 M and X6 M use the same 4.4L TT V8.

Its not the first time BMW has used different hub size and offset front and rear on a vehicle. The e46 M3 used standard e46 front and e39 rears. What is not selling for s***? The 5 series GT is not even on the market yet.

Last edited:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9_0kKz7Hy54&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9_0kKz7Hy54&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cx3RNoOvQGY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cx3RNoOvQGY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

X6's - I think we've sold 2-3 of them at most. The 5 GT isn't out yet, but I doubt it's going to do much better.

Then again, not even the new 7s are moving particularly fast, not compared to the previous body style when it came out.

X6's - I think we've sold 2-3 of them at most. The 5 GT isn't out yet, but I doubt it's going to do much better.

Then again, not even the new 7s are moving particularly fast, not compared to the previous body style when it came out.

My BMW center has sold all their X6s. Bad economy.

Well, it's also the fact we're in SoCal I'd guess - AWD isn't much of a selling point in a place that only gets something resembling weather every 4-5 years.

My BMW center has sold all their X6s. Bad economy.

And bad taste in the area too, LOL. The X6 is just weird/ugly. It looks like the typical "Look, I'm a new rich" car IMO.

Out of all the BMW SAVs I always liked the X3 the most (not too big, nice profile, decent looks). An M version of that would have been hot.

And bad taste in the area too, LOL. The X6 is just weird/ugly. It looks like the typical "Look, I'm a new rich" car IMO.

Out of all the BMW SAVs I always liked the X3 the most (not too big, nice profile, decent looks). An M version of that would have been hot.

I do not know about bad taste. There is alot of money in the area I live.

Back