2009 Mazda5 in inventory

flamtap

I noticed my local dealer has 2009s in their inventory now. (including several manuals).

I'm not certain I'm ready to jump yet but does anyone know what sort of deals they should be offering on the 2008 leftovers?

Just joined here, planning to buy a 5 in the next few months. I've been through a bunch of the old threads. Thanks for all the great info, everyone.

flamtap

I know the dealer here won't do any incentives on 08's cause they will all sell. I think there were really no changes for 09 anyways.

The “Mazda 10 Car Dash” is the official promo for the 2008 model year end closeouts which is going on right now. I don’t know the details, but you can find more info on MazdaUSA.com. That being said, if you’re patient enough and want to play chicken with the train, there’s usually a few left over 2008 MY cars on lots into the 2009 calendar year for a REALLY good price, but then you’re also limiting your choices.

Just go to a few (2 or preferably 3) dealers in your area and get them in a price battle with each other for your business. Alternatively, going through the dealership’s “web salesperson” usually get’s you a low price to start with, then you can use that figure as a starting point for further negotiating. I’m admittedly not a good haggler, not my cup of tea, but if you’re up for it, there’s no reason you can’t get a car at invoice with the current market.

Good luck

Dealer I just bought my 5 from in ypsilante MI had (i know its not much) but an extra $250 rebate on the 08 models on lot.

You can always get a deal. You are better off working UP from invoice, rather than DOWN from MSRP. I got my 08 Sport w/manual for $200 over invoice with no hassles. A great source of pricing and dealing information/tactics is www.edmunds.com.

Best of luck.

You can always get a deal. You are better off working UP from invoice, rather than DOWN from MSRP. I got my 08 Sport w/manual for $200 over invoice with no hassles. A great source of pricing and dealing information/tactics is www.edmunds.com.

Best of luck.

I second that tactic. We got our '07 Sport at invoice including invoice on all options (per Edmunds) in October. If '09s are plentiful enough, go "looking" for an 09 and ask if the dealer happens to have anything cheaper, perhaps left-over 08s?

Also remember that you should basically only pay for options and the destination fee. any dealer holdback/markup/etc listed on the window sticker is simply icing on the cake.

You shouldn't be paying for that. If you are a Costco member, you can look into their program, but it's basically $500 above invoice and usually Edmunds TMV is lower. But it's another bargaining tool at your disposal. somehow, my parents manage to use it to pit dealers against each other and buy a Prius recently! When there were no Prius on the lot and people were on a waiting list!

Talked to a couple dealers - one is offering 500 below invoice on the 08 models, and the other didn't specify but the out-the-door price was within $100 of the first.

Sport with AT for around 19100 out the door. I'm seriously thinking about it. Might gamble and wait till later in the week to see if the deal gets better. (It is the end of the month.)

Worst case is I just wait several months and buy an 09.

Thanks for the tips,

flamtap

Just bought my 2008 MZ5 Touring in the SF Bay Area. Got mine for $18,999 + tax, license, doc; which is about $1000 below Invoice. Try to get the 08 model now (end of Aug and earlier Sept), otherwise, you may not be able to get the exact car (color and options) you want.

For the 08 model, there is a 0% finance now. But it is for 08 model only, not for 09.

Good luck,

Sandmantech

The 2008 Sport AT I was looking at was sold, but today I went and drove a 2009 Copper Red Sport MT. They just got this one and it had 3 miles on the odometer.

I haven't driven stick in a few years and this one had a good feel, but it was pretty forgiving too. A lot better than the Scion xB I drove a couple weeks ago.

The internet manager gave me an out-the-door price of $18310 (sticker is $18665). If I'm calculating the taxes right that's about 200 over invoice.

I think I will get this tomorrow. I might be able to hold out for a better deal in a few months, but I'm not certain that I could find a manual then, or the colors I want.

Soon to be a fiver,
flamtap

used 2006 or new 2009

I thought I was test driving a used 2006 this week, but the owners took it on a weekend trip and decided they would hold off until next year to buy a different car. This might have been the second time they changed their mind. I was a bit disappointed, but now I have to decide what to buy.

I still want a 5, as it seems the best choice for us. 2 hours from here, there is a 2006 with all desired options and colour and only has 15,000 miles. Or I go with a brand new 2009 GS.

I like the fact that since 2008, the auto trans. Is now a 5 speed. I was at the dealership and was confused by the better mileage displayed on the sticker. When I got home, I realized the new transmission and the extra gear was resulting in gas mileage.

I can buy the 2006 and save 5 or 6 thousand. I could also better afford some winter tires(and rims) and maybe a cargo box. I also know of a 2006 GT with 45,000 miles in light green and is located about 9 hours away. In general, there are not too many 5's available in my area.

2009 has over 2006
- 5 speed auto
- a/c control for middle seat passengers
- side-curtain airbags
- and of course, more warranty

Good point. The 2006 has exactly the same things as the 2007, including the side curtain airbags.

And I love my 06 (now I drive it :D), there is nothing wrong with it, but I know its ups and downs and I know that all needed recalls and TSBs have been applied. After what I know however, I would not take the risk of buying an 06 unless I know its maintenance and recall/TSB history in detail (dunno)

2009 has over 2006
- 5 speed auto
- a/c control for middle seat passengers
- side-curtain airbags
- and of course, more warranty

My take is this:

- 5spd Auto isn't *that* big of a deal. It might get you 1 or 2 MPG at "legal speeds
-2nd row A/C ducts would be nice
-The extra arm rests on the 08+ would be really nice
- New is *ALWAYS* nice
-You will need snow tires no matter what if you are in snow country
-All should have the side air bags
-The 08+ redesign looks a little nice except for the taillights (personal opinion is that the totally stink. But then I really like the 06-08 taillights *shrug*)

I have an 08 and an 06, when I drive the 06 to work I feel like its junk in comparison. For some reason the 08 seams alot nicer but it may be because its new. The auto air with rear air and the armrests, and the cooler guages...it all adds up.

I have an 08 and an 06, when I drive the 06 to work I feel like its junk in comparison

Nooooow you discriminate that little 06 fellow, after all the fun and service it has been given you for the past year (or years?) :p ;)

From what I can tell, the 2006 GS (Canada) did not have side or curtain airbags but the GT did. It looks like in 2008 they made them standard on both models.

Ohhh, Canada GS model, interesting... I learn something every day :)

The rear vents make a BIG difference for your kids back there, and if you want an automatic, the 5 speed drives quite a bit better than the previous 4 speed auto. We just bought a 5 speed manual from Capital Mazda in Cary NC as well. Great people to deal with. I recommend Mike Pierce, if you can't get him ask for Rachel the sales manager. Tell them Mike St.Clair sent you.

Back