2009 mazda rx8

Not sure where the BS is coming from, but the RX-8 has not been around for 8 years. It was introduced as a 2004 model, so when/if it gets a body style change, it would have been on the market for 5 years.

Not sure where the BS is coming from, but the RX-8 has not been around for 8 years. It was introduced as a 2004 model, so when/if it gets a body style change, it would have been on the market for 5 years.

The Mazda RX-8 is a sports car manufactured by Mazda Motor Corporation. It first appeared in 2001 at the North American International Auto Show. It is the successor to the RX-7 and like its predecessors in the RX range it is powered by a Renesis rotary engine. The RX-8 began North American sales as 2004 model year car.

The Mazda RX-8 is a sports car manufactured by Mazda Motor Corporation. It first appeared in 2001 at the North American International Auto Show. It is the successor to the RX-7 and like its predecessors in the RX range it is powered by a Renesis rotary engine. The RX-8 began North American sales as 2004 model year car.

that author probably doesnt even know what a rotary engine is.

i'm thinking its a concept. saw something like this in a mag i read b4 maybe the nagare?idk heh i thought the rx-8 is not a replacement for the rx-7. y would they be bringing back the rx-7 in like 2010 or so? also the next rotary is a 1.6 right? not a 1.3. dunno but i think its bogus

I think it's just a concept, but if it was going into production like that I think I'd actually be a bit disappointed. I don't think the design is appearance is really any better than the current one.

What a load of crap.

The "new" '8 is just like the "old" '8 with some tweaks.
No re-design.
They added a new trim level which gives you a bunch of the former "Shinka" extras as a package.

So there's no truth in an updated 300HP version?! :( I love them just think they are under-powered for the price. But it IS a ZOOM ZOOM car in every other way.

No truth at all.
Same motor, same tranny, same diff, same suspension.
They tweaked the OMP and a few other things, but nothing that makes power.

i really dont think they are under powered. its a rotary. its just a different type of engine. u just need to rev it high. still fun, and i thought it was actually pretty quick.

Not under powered? Mazda first said it was rated at what? 250hp? Then they lowered it to 230hp (Which is total BS). Now we're finding that the REAL hp is even lower than that! Most 8 owners are lucky to even dyno at 200hp let alone 230hp. I think the norm is about 160-185 IIRC.

The only way to make any real power in the 8 is with FI. The RX-8 will die out, even with a minor design tweak.

Oh, and I love how the article uses the word "successful". That's real funny.

Back