2008 Mazda5

crempel

:
2006 Mazda 5 GT
Anyone have any details about future Mazda5 models? I am interested in getting one, but would like to know if there are any signicant updates on the horizon, (ie. engine, transmission, colour)

Maybe a facelift, but almost certainly nothing major. The only thing I could speculate possibly is that Mazda will finally come to their senses and put on a 5AT transmission, but there's no indication of such.

Just go out and buy one tomorrow :)

Eventually, the Mazda5 will get a 5-spd auto and auxiliary audio jack input but it might not be '08. It looks like the 5 will be at least a year behind the 3 in feature offerings. I also see stability control in the horizon.

I believe they will almost have to add stability and traction control to the menu of features. I also think another interior color has to be on the way, I love my five but keeping that black interior looking clean is a major pain in the rear, at least go for a light grey or a tan offering, something that hides dirt instead of magnifying it.

Well, if u look at the japan website, on there website for the 5/premacy, the 2008 MAzda5 for Northamerica will likely get a new engine and new tranny.

For the Tranny will be a 5-speed automatic, and a Non-Turbo MZR Engine. Maybe they can throw in a 4-Wheel-Drive system, which they offer in the top of the line version in Japan/

just found this tidbit

As it reaffirms its commitment to rotary technology, Mazda will also begin leasing a Premacy (Japan’s version of the Mazda 5) with a hydrogen rotary hybrid in 2008 and launch a full production model using this Mazda-designed system by 2010.

There are what Mazda calls "Spec Decks" for most 2008 models, including the 3, but nothing for the 5 yet.

MazdaUlimited said:
Well, if u look at the japan website, on there website for the 5/premacy, the 2008 MAzda5 for Northamerica will likely get a new engine and new tranny.

For the Tranny will be a 5-speed automatic, and a Non-Turbo MZR Engine. Maybe they can throw in a 4-Wheel-Drive system, which they offer in the top of the line version in Japan/

Here we go. Japan...
http://www.mazda.com/publicity/release/2007/200701/070130.html
http://www.nihoncar.com/en/news-426-Mazda+enhances+the+Premacy+(Mazda5)+Minivan+range.html

Interestingly enough, the new DISI 2.0L engine seems to get up to 151Hp, only 2 horsies less than the current North America 2.3L model. Oh well, wait until the gas price hits the European prices here, and a 2.0L will be extreme SUV power (drunk)

I wish they would offer a 100% electric version. Gas is too expensive and all those stupid dirty greasy parts.

opus said:
I believe they will almost have to add stability and traction control to the menu of features. I also think another interior color has to be on the way, I love my five but keeping that black interior looking clean is a major pain in the rear, at least go for a light grey or a tan offering, something that hides dirt instead of magnifying it.

You can already get brown leather. But the non-leather parts of the interior remain black.

a few years ago i saw a prototype hydrogen rotary turbocharged engine by mazda.....they could get jsut as much maybe more power than current engines because the rotary and turbo...

Hydrogen was just a promo release, of what the Mazda5 would give us in the future. For now just go to the Japanese website and see what they have an hope some of there new improvements will come over. Don't go asking at Mazda dealers for info, i find sales people no nothing about there own vehicles they are selling, but describe things on brochures, that you yourself can read on your own.

So final word is, these are the list of future upgrades the 5 will get.(Speculation wise)

Mazda 5 2008
-New Engine (MZR non-turbo, 151HP)
-5 Speed automatic
-Hopefully 4-Wheel-Drive
-Hopefully stability controll
-Middle sear occupancy (To make it full 7 person seater,get rid of the cup holder)
-Xenon Headlights

Back