2008.5 MAZDASPEED3 - Now in CRYSTAL WHITE and METROPOLITAN GRAY

While the Mazda USA site hasn't been updated to show any of the 2008.5 changes, it is still reasonable to assume that any Speed3 ordered today would be a 2008.5, right? I'm just wondering since the site doesn't show either of the new colors.

Last edited:
While the Mazda USA site hasn't been updated to show any of the 2008.5 changes, it is still reasonable to assume that any Speed3 ordered today would be a 2008.5, right? I'm just wondering since the site doesn't show either of the new colors.

Hey, I've been lurking here for a bit... going to buy my speed3 in the next week or so.

I'm in Canada, and the Canadian site still shows 2008 only, not the 2008.5. However my dealer already ordered some 2008.5's, and I told the sales guy I want the 08.5. He says they aren't even sending any 2008's anymore anyways.

Just ask your dealer and see what they say. I'd assume they're all 2008.5's now. Saw the new metro grey on a normal Mazda3, and I'm 95% sure that's the color I'll be ordering.

Any car with a build date of January or later should be a 2008.5.
+1 on that. According to the Mazda USA customer service rep I spoke with and the Mazda USA shopping assistant I chatted online with, this is true.

They searched 26 MS3 VINs for me and none came up as 2008.5... all had build dates of November or December.

+1 on that. According to the Mazda USA customer service rep I spoke with and the Mazda USA shopping assistant I chatted online with, this is true.

They searched 26 MS3 VINs for me and none came up as 2008.5... all had build dates of November or December.

All the window stickers I've seen for the updated models just say 2008 not 2008.5.
Mike

All the window stickers I've seen for the updated models just say 2008 not 2008.5.
Mike
Yes, well... it was a generalization. I doubt any sticker will ever say "yyyy.5". Maybe I should have stated, "...none came up as a Mid-Year Product Enhanced model." :)

I live in Austin, Texas and I purchased a Metropolitan Gray Mica 2008.5 Mazdaspeed3 GT on Monday of this week (3/24/08). At that time, the car had been in the U.S. 4 days. I was told that it would most-likely arrive on Saturday (3/29/08), but it arrived one day early and only had 8 miles on it. Many of the salesmen at the dealership has no idea that this color would be offered, nor were they aware of the updates to the interior. The dealership also received a white 2008.5, but it was also sold before it arrived.

I must say, I LOVE this color. I too was considering Cosmic Blue Mica, but only because I have a 1992 MR2 Turbo that is Steel Mist Gray, and CBM is very similar to that color. After seeing the 40th anniversary RX8 in person, however, my MS3 had to be MGM. Here are a few pics that show how different the paint can look, depending on the its environment. In some conditions, you can almost see a greenish tint, along with the more dominent blue tint.

Attachments

• rear_quarter.jpg
    rear_quarter.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 615
  • side.jpg
    side.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 607
  • top_front.jpg
    top_front.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 495
  • front_quarter.jpg
    front_quarter.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 568
Last edited:
Thanks for the pics!!! Mine should be here sometime next week. I saw the RX8 as well, and that's what sold me on the metro gray. I can't wait!

just picked up my 08.5 crystal white ms3 today. i have been scoping the speed 3 since they first came out, but I didnt like any of the colors too much. hands down white is the best color, pictures just don't do its justice, it looks so nice in person. i just couldn't resist

just picked up my 08.5 crystal white ms3 today. i have been scoping the speed 3 since they first came out, but I didnt like any of the colors too much. hands down white is the best color, pictures just don't do its justice, it looks so nice in person. i just couldn't resist

I'm sure we're all glad that you think "hands down" white is the best color on the speed3.

Congrats are you purchase.

Just got mine!!! Picked up my 08.5 MS3 on Sat April 5, 2008.

Dealers says she's the first of her kind in Calgary.

http://devstech.com/pics/MS3/resized/

no thumbnails yet, sry :(

Full, not renamed/resized pics in http://devstech.com/pics/MS3

56K, tread very carefully, especially in the 2nd link. :)

I had to learn stick when I picked this up... I'm still a little rough in 1st gear starts, and stall it once and a while. But I'm getting the hang of it pretty quick! Just, I apologize to ppl behind me while I'm still a stick n00b.

Otherwise, I LOVE this car. I'm selling my old 96 xploder (you can see it behind my car in some pics). So going from a big ol' slow bouncy ride to a nice firm, quick ride... It's a big change.

Haha, I was telling my buddy. "In my xploder, every time I hit the gas or took a turn, it kinda put a frown on my face. Every time I hit the gas or take a corner in the speed3, it puts a smile on my face."

Anyways, back to practicing!

Dave

Well I did it! I'm the proud owner of a 2008.5 crystal white pearl Mazdaspeed 3 GT!

So far, i'm loving it! Still getting used to shift points and throttle control (ie. Boost) but it's real easy to drive, and alot of fun! I can't believe how much smaller it is from my Trailblazer, but it doesn't feel small inside at all. I drove 60 miles so far and the needles stuck on F so i'm happy because, at that point i'd be at 1/4 tank less on the SS.

newcar1.jpg

newcar2.jpg

newcar3.jpg

newcar4.jpg

Well I did it! I'm the proud owner of a 2008.5 crystal white pearl Mazdaspeed 3 GT!

So far, i'm loving it! Still getting used to shift points and throttle control (ie. Boost) but it's real easy to drive, and alot of fun! I can't believe how much smaller it is from my Trailblazer, but it doesn't feel small inside at all. I drove 60 miles so far and the needles stuck on F so i'm happy because, at that point i'd be at 1/4 tank less on the SS.

Sweet color! Congrats!

Back