2007 MAZDASPEED3 Engine Mount Bolt Safety Recall 4607F

Thanks for the reminder.Meanwhile,it's about a year ago so what happen with the recall and vehicles on canada and US?

Perhaps this is a silly question, but I just bought my car (2007 MS3) last week, is this something I should approach the dealer with and see if it should be done, or because the car is almost 3 years old, should I not worry about it now? Thanks...SJ

You can check yourself to see if the bolt has been replaced. See if there's a port campaign sticker on the underside of the hood (check page 3 of this thread for pictures from other members' cars).

Another thing you can check for is if there's a "10" on the top center of the bolt. If you do have this bolt, you're good. The old one they replaced was "8." Follow the instructions in the PDF file that's in the original post to disassemble the battery box to get to the bolt.

Last edited:
Great information guys. I will check on this ASAP.

For those who asked, safety recalls should be honored if it has not been performed yet.

wow wish i would have seen this before mine broke! i have a 2008 figured they would have fixed the issue by then. now my car is destroyed and they voided my warranty

Looks like this thread hasnt been touched on in awhile so hopefully i dont get flamed for this, but has anyone heard of the 09' models still having this same issue?

Back