2007 mazda3 - to buy, or not to buy?

murdox

:
03 prot5
Contemplating buying a 2007 mazda3. 5speed Auto with the 2.3ltr engine (i think its a s touring edition). It has just under 60k miles. Dealer is asking 9k.

The price inst the issue, although i think it is a tad on the high side, but it does have slightly lower mileage. My issue is the recent service is it, dealership informed me that the Trans Controle Module had to be replaced. I'ts my understanding that a lot of people replace this prior to pulling the trans for rebuild in hopes to solve the shifting problem. Also note that the place is a Chevy Dealer, they sent the car to a Mazda dealership for the service.

Stay away? What do you think?

It's outside the mfr warranty correct?

If so, and if it's spotless otherwise, have them include the mother of all warranties in that price and it sounds pretty good.

It's outside the mfr warranty correct?

If so, and if it's spotless otherwise, have them include the mother of all warranties in that price and it sounds pretty good.

dealerhsip is a good 40 minutes from my house, which sucks. But it is a good looking car, well equip w sunroof.

I'd say do the extended warranty route (unless you plan on modding it and voiding it anyway)...

Otherwise you'll just have to play maintenance catchup with a transmission fluid exchange with Mazda fluid and a shop's fluid exchange machine, swap the brake fluid for new, and make sure the air and cabin air filter are new and you're good to go.

I'd also make them check and align the car, nothing's more annoying than the rear tire wear on these things when nobody bothers to have it checked.

Price doesn't sound out of line. I payed $8800 for my 2007 last year with 90K on it. 2.3L 5spd manual, and the car was spotless.

I say go for it, I just pick my 07 sedan up last Sat 5/37 w/50k on the clock. ( Not my first rodeo with the MZ3. 06 hatch R.I.P.)

Back