2006 MazdaSpeed6 - Sat Radio

ddfee

I want to install a SIRIUS Sat radio tuner in my '06 MSP6. I know Mazda offered the Sirius Sat package in 2006 but I bought too late in the year to get in on this deal. In Canada the Sirius website shows a remote style "universal" sat radio tuner. I have been told that the radio head unit in my car "should" have a plug in for the Sat radio. And if so will I need an interface unit as well?

Currently I do have a Sirius radio in the car but it is the type that sits on top of the dash and has to be tuned into a vacant FM station on the cars radio to work.

Can anyone advise me if my '06 will take the add on of the Sirius sat tuner or not. My local dealer knows nothing of this as for several other dealers I have visited. My local radio shops that do aftermarket installs for vehicles also have been little help.

Thx
Dave

Yes, you can order the OEM Sirius tuner through your dealer or an online source. The plug is a 16-pin connector connected to the back of the radio, which will run to the brain, then to a reciever in the pass. side of the trunk, and finally to your antenna.

Back