2004 Sport Compact Car 8 Great Rides awards.

2004 Sport Compact Car 8 Great Rides awards.

September 2004 edition of SCC 'zine

Article starts on page 133, dyno charts on Page 134-136

hp/tq
Dodge SRT-4, 234/246
Mitsu LAncer EVO VIII RS, 241/262
Nissan 350Z, 239/237
MSP Miata, 152/143
Scooby WRX, 189/199
MINI Cooper S Works, 174/159
Acura RSX Type-S, 173/125
Mazda RX-8, 188/135
<O:p</O:p

Last edited:
Sad not to see a Protege on there anymore. :( I know the MSP was on the list for 2003, the MP3 made it in 2001 didn't it?

Yep, I think it got replaced my the Miata.. The SER is gone too and the RX8 is in..
The SRT-4 & WRX are still on it this year..

yea, for the money rx8's suck hairy nut sacks. my guess is mazda paid them a lot of money to say that.

do yall remember when the MP3 got in the 8 best handeling cars in the world. The list was on the cover of car and driver. There was no other car on there under like 50K... ahhh the good ole days

well protege isnt on the list because they didnt make any for 2004. Maybe one day the 3 will make it on the list.

also why were exclamation points put on the rsx type s dyno.

Notorious said:
well protege isnt on the list because they didnt make any for 2004. Maybe one day the 3 will make it on the list.

also why were exclamation points put on the rsx type s dyno.
Because with out mods that car is pretty slow, atleast slow for the amount of hp it is supposed to put out.

eh, its about where it should be. Put some mods on it, the thing flys though. Friend of mine chirps third with just an intake. i/h/e is putting out like 200 whp.

katsmp3 said:
do yall remember when the MP3 got in the 8 best handeling cars in the world. The list was on the cover of car and driver. There was no other car on there under like 50K... ahhh the good ole days
amen...

aftershock63 said:
Because with out mods that car is pretty slow, atleast slow for the amount of hp it is supposed to put out.
Right, because 173whp NA out of a 2.0L is bad? They run high 14's, not sure what the problem is...

Back