2003 Protege DX P0767 shift solenoid D stuck on automatic transaxel

dovepa

:
Mazda, Protege DX 2003
Here's the issue. No reverse and won't shift into 3rd. Error code says p0767 shift solenoid stuck on. Went to transmission shop and they said the solenoid was fine that they could actuate it with the computer.

Could this be an obstruction in the valve body? will replacing the valve body and or the control module fix this problem.

Shop wants to rebuild the tranny. Any suggestions? How hard is this to rebuild yourself? I saw some videos on you tube where they rebuilt one while still on the car.

Update?

Here's the issue. No reverse and won't shift into 3rd. Error code says p0767 shift solenoid stuck on. Went to transmission shop and they said the solenoid was fine that they could actuate it with the computer.

Could this be an obstruction in the valve body? will replacing the valve body and or the control module fix this problem.

Shop wants to rebuild the tranny. Any suggestions? How hard is this to rebuild yourself? I saw some videos on you tube where they rebuilt one while still on the car.

So what happened? I'm having a P0767 code in my protege5 and wondering what you did to solve it. Thanks!

Back