2003 Black Mica Protege5 For Parts (141k, Blown Timing Belt) NJ - $500

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a sad day, I'm posting this as the cars original owner. I was driving about 25 in town when the car lost power. I assumed it was the fuel pump as the original belt had been changed at 90K, but alas, the timing belt went. So, I have decided to part ways with my Protege5.

The car is worth well over $500 in parts and, if you replace the belt, it should start right up. You could come away with a nice car that was very reliable for my family for very little out-of-pocket.

The bad:
Everything is good except the exhaust behind the cats.
Because I was traveling at a low speed, the engine itself is probably still fine as well but in all honesty, it's hard to tell until a belt is put in it.
The hatch has a small dent to the right of the "Mazda" logo

Other than that, the car is in very good condition and was well cared for including..
$1000+ worth of new cats within the year
Tires have probably 50% life on them (Toyo I believe)
Trans still shifts nicely. Original clutch, but never had an issue. No slipping.
Body has a couple scratches but nothing out of the ordinary for a 10+ year old car
Leather seats. Minimal wear on the drivers seat, the back seats are basically new.
16 Inch Polish Alloy's. Very little curb rash, but some exists.
In dash 6 CD changer.
AC Blows nice and cold, compressor is good.

I think $500 is very fair and the price is firm. It's located in Manalapan NJ and the title is in hand. I can sign it over, then you can have AAA tow it to your place.

Locals only please, I won't be shipping the car anywhere or anything like that.

I need to get rid of it soon so if I don't, I have an offer from one of the "tow away" junkers for $300. I would rather see a Protege person get it and help the community. Will be gone either way by the LATEST Monday or Tuesday. My mechanic has been nice enough to let it stay there as long as it has.

Post here for more info, or PM me and I can provide my number. Sorry for the lack of pictures, but I'm being as honest as I can be with the condition of the car. I will see if I can find any when I get home from work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back