2002 Protege5 5 speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the advice, you do realize you got a hell of a deal, right? To be honest I don't expect to get $11k, that's why it's OBO. Price your car for more than you want for it for negotiating room, that's how the game is played. Nobody pays asking price. The first P5 I drove was a 2002 auto, 60k or so miles, priced at $12.5k at a Kia dealership. Absolutely filthy, reeked of cigarette smoke, had a few burns. Drove ok but the front felt really loose and it pulled a bit, salesman said he could let it go for $11.5k. It sold shortly after I drove it. They have another one now with 55k on it, priced at $12,999. That's what I looked at when I priced mine. A car is worth what someone will pay for it, and even at $11k mine is cheaper than most in the area.

It's posted on craigslist and autotrader, I just put it up yesterday.

^^ yes, to be fair I got a hell of a deal. tax, title, license, extended warranty out the door for just under 13k February 2004. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Hell if I wasn't so happy with my Protege5, or if it was at like 100k miles, I'd definitely sell my car and buy yours :)

again, good luck. I kinda wish I got white, it looks so nice.

Oh yeah why are you selling? how dare you not love your protege5 haha.

Like I said before, it's family stuff. We've decided that we would like my wife to be able to stay home with our two year old, and I'm selling the P5 and replacing it with a $3-4k beater. The remainder will go into savings. I'm an engineering student with 1.5 years left in school, so we need some extra cash to tide us over until I'm done with school. Otherwise the P5 has been great, for what it is it's a blast to drive, and that's coming from a BMW 540 6 speed.

Just for the record, this asking price is spot-on for around in NC. I have yet to see any P5 at a dealer for < 12k, most are pushing 13+.

in fact, if you weren't 1/2-way across the f-ing country, I'd seriously consider buying it myself.

RatLabGuy said:
Just for the record, this asking price is spot-on for around in NC. I have yet to see any P5 at a dealer for < 12k, most are pushing 13+.

in fact, if you weren't 1/2-way across the f-ing country, I'd seriously consider buying it myself.

Fly in, drive home?:) Probably a nice drive once you get through KS and MO. Thanks for the affirmation on the price, I'm getting some good interest from the autotrader ad, so it shouldn't be around too long.

^^ congrats man. Damn I bet all the MSP guys are jealous, there is high demand for Protege5s in the used car market :)

Kansei said:
^^ congrats man. Damn I bet all the MSP guys are jealous, there is high demand for Protege5s in the used car market :)

Hah...that is so funny. check this thread I've started just b/c I am so f_ing jealous.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123649475

If I had purchased a Protege5 in '03, I would have saved about $5k if I sold my MSP vs. a Prot5 today. But at least I have enjoyed the Speed.

And I'm happy you sold it. It is A_holes like Nate0123 why I left the forums for over a year.

(kiss) I wuv woo... where have you been? Oh wait... who are you?

nate0123 said:
(kiss) I wuv woo... where have you been? Oh wait... who are you?

I'm someone who likes to actually drive my car instead of spending their time posting 6,000+ times to this forum...hehe (loser)

Tito1 said:
I'm someone who likes to actually drive my car instead of spending their time posting 6,000+ times to this forum...hehe (loser)

you must have a TON of miles on your car then. I manage to post over 6000 posts on here AND well over a thousand since April on the local car enthusiast forum.. and I'm up to 75k miles (60k in 2 years). I don't even drive that much, I don't get it.. at least I don't think I drive a lot.

IMHO if you post 6,000+ times on this forum, you A:have no job B:, don't do your job C: need to get some fresh air
If it takes 30sec to make a post, and you have 6000 than you have spent 50hrs. just typing on the computer. This doen't include the time reading other posts.
That may be time well spent, but if you are just flaming some guy who is just trying to sell his car than you are a a loser.
And that really was the point of my previous post. To have that many posts and still flame others like a noobie troll is pretty pathetic.

Kansei said:
you must have a TON of miles on your car then. I manage to post over 6000 posts on here AND well over a thousand since April on the local car enthusiast forum.. and I'm up to 75k miles (60k in 2 years). I don't even drive that much, I don't get it.. at least I don't think I drive a lot.

^^^82 miles a day.

And this is why flamers suck. The thread is totally jacked, and I couldn't bring you back to my actual initial point if I tried.

i bought mine w/ 51xxx miles for 9100 w/ extended warrany is that a good deal?

Mazda5owner said:
i bought mine w/ 51xxx miles for 9100 w/ extended warrany is that a good deal?

I'd say not too bad. I got mine with 15k miles for 10999 before warranty and taxes.. February 2004 :)

Tito1 said:
IMHO if you post 6,000+ times on this forum, you A:have no job B:, don't do your job C: need to get some fresh air
If it takes 30sec to make a post, and you have 6000 than you have spent 50hrs. just typing on the computer. This doen't include the time reading other posts.
That may be time well spent, but if you are just flaming some guy who is just trying to sell his car than you are a a loser.
And that really was the point of my previous post. To have that many posts and still flame others like a noobie troll is pretty pathetic.
I have learned so much about my car and cars in general being a member of this and other car forums. I've gained the confidence to attempt and do a lot of work on my car on my own. Cars is one of my biggest interests/hobbies, and therefore to me, time reading and posting about cars (driving, modifying, and yes even buying & selling) is time well spent. I also feel I've contributed to others on the forum as well. Now if you disagree with the one point I was trying to make by posting in this thread, that's fine. Did you take the time to read and understand my point? I've been on both sides of the buying & selling transaction several times, and misrepresentation is something that really bothers me.

I read you point, and understand that unless you are interested in purchasing that particular vihicle, than why say anything at all. On other forums that are more strickly moderated ie: Mr2oc.com you would have been suspended for that bs.
I understand you point, and I agree, but why bother if you are not going to make an offer.

$9,100 sounds good from what I see around my area. The P5 really held it's value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back