2002 Mazda Protege Transmission will not go in DRIVE when cold!

apicia

I have a 2002 Mazda Protege ES. Car runs great and transmission shifts firm.... when warm. Problem is that when the car is cold, it takes 12-15 seconds to go into drive. After it does and you start to drive, the transmission works perfectly. When warm, it goes from neutral/park into drive immediately.

I had the fluid and filter changed. I also added an additive that is supposed to free up a gummed up solenoid (if that is the problem). I thought the converter fluid was leaking back into the transmission, but even when you warm up the car, it still has a hard time initially going into drive. That leads me to a gummed up solenoid? A leaking or weakening pump?

Are there any TSBs or common problems associated with our transmission??? Car has only 90k miles.

I have a 2002 Mazda Protege ES. Car runs great and transmission shifts firm.... when warm. Problem is that when the car is cold, it takes 12-15 seconds to go into drive. After it does and you start to drive, the transmission works perfectly. When warm, it goes from neutral/park into drive immediately.

I had the fluid and filter changed. I also added an additive that is supposed to free up a gummed up solenoid (if that is the problem). I thought the converter fluid was leaking back into the transmission, but even when you warm up the car, it still has a hard time initially going into drive. That leads me to a gummed up solenoid? A leaking or weakening pump?

Are there any TSBs or common problems associated with our transmission??? Car has only 90k miles.
Did you ever find a solution or receive a resonse to this?

Back