2001 Protege steel wheel weights?

Hey All,

Just got a 2001 Protege LX on steelies - anybody know how much they weigh? I have a set of 14x6 Miata BBS wheels (off of a 1992 Miata) that I would swap on, but want to make sure there is a weight savings. I think the steel wheels on the Protege are 15x5.5.

Anybody know the weight of the steel wheels that came with the car?

Thanks - that's great. They are the LE BBS wheels, bought them years ago for a Miata but never put them on. I'm going to search to see if anyone here is running those wheels, seems like they could be a great fit for the Protege. What do you think?

they might be on the small side for the protege, but you will really like the weight loss for responsiveness. make sure they clear your brakes before you buy tires for them. i can't say i've seen them on a protege before, so they would be unique.

I meant to say that the steel wheels are 14x5.5, at least as listed here:
http://www.vehix.com/car-reviews/2001/mazda/protege/vehicle-specifications

So I was assuming that they would fit. Guess I'll just test fit and see what happens. I'm going to drive the car around stock for a while so I appreciate the difference when I swap wheels. Not sure if they will look good or not, but the slightly increased width and much lighter weight should be great for the car.

Thx - this is a 2001 though. Hopefully they'll fit ok. I'm going to drive it for a few months as is so that I can appreciate the lighter wheels more later :)

Back