2000 1.6 DX Alignment

I have my protege lowered with Eibach Pro Springs and the struts are replaced with Tokico Blues. The wheels are the stock 14's with BFG Traction TA. Quite pleased with the tires actually. I also have adjustable swaybar endlinks on the front. All have been on since August 2006. I have recently noticed that my car always pulls to the right when driving. I took it in for an alignment but everything was in spec. I had it put on a Hunter 4 wheel alignment rack. All 4 wheels are in spec according to Mazda requirements.

Any ideas? Theoretically, what if one side of the swaybar was higher than the other, could that cause a pulling effect?

red99pro said:
tire size,pressure,dragging brake, worn bearing or something. is the camber even?

what is dragging brake? just wondering...sorry for the silly question.

upton tire pros just alinged my car up in 20 minutes. WTH. I wud really like to know if our rear spindles r adjustable by shims.

rear toe in proteges is adjusted by the endlinks isnt it? The control arm guys in the back that look like tie-rod end links. Have threads you can adjust, I thought.

Also, I dont think the sway bar can affect pulls. You might consider that with aftermarket springs/struts that your car is no longer factory (der) but also that the hunter machine wont know that. Just because a car is green on the alignment screen doesnt mean it cant pull. Check your numbers, toe pulls towards the most positive number, and camber the most negative, I believe. If both numbers are are at the extreme ranges but still green, the combined effect can generate a pull.

Last edited:
Back