$20,000....spend it!

crispixoo7

:
95 Protege 5spd. and 92 Miata 5spd
Okay...i've been doing some wishful thinking...and if i get this job that i interviewed for, i'll be dumping my 95 pro. and going for something else.

My main thing is POWER! Handling 2nd and looks a distant 3rd. With that said, i can get into a 95-98 Corvette. But it will have to be financed and i will be needing full coverage insurance.

So taking the $20,000, and having to take into consideration the insurance/car payments...

What would you buy?

example: https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

I'd probably get a used Pontiac GTO - saw a few last year (300hp models) for under 20K with less than 15K miles.

A used Evo or a 350 would be on my short list too.

crispixoo7 said:
wouldn't insurance be somewhat high cuz of all the teens crashing their SRTs?
i can't imagine it'd be much more than a corvette if any given that it originally cost less than half of what a corvette originally does

Just for thought, a 2000-2002 camaro z28 or SS would fit your budget and they handle great and are very very fun to drive!!

I'll sell you my car for the low price of $19,600. And you will still have cash to spend. Sounds like a win, win.

crispixoo7 said:
spent my tax return on that...(lick)
cool

congrats on moving on up to the eastside

edit: actualy response - for 20k I'd buy a civic hatch, or a 2000 si and turbo it. real fast and low insurance payments.

sti is a bit more than 20k. I second the civic hatch, 7th gen. turbo. or a integera gs-r turbo. low insurance payments, and it gives you something to work on. At least of year of entertainment in getting it together.

also on my list MkIII supra turbos < dang cheap / HUGE potential > im also a sucker for a clean 944

night rider said:
sti is a bit more than 20k.

So is a Corvette, which he is currently considering..

IMHO
STI > Chevy (Corvette Included)
or hold out for the SPEED 3 coming this fall...

keep the pro as your everyday, and do two project cars of your liking...

sr20miata - power, handling, and looks :D and maybe a FC?

LS1 T/A or Camaro. Do full exhaust, heads and cams, replace the rear end, and be making plently of power and really not have to worry about anything breaking. When you get tired of the power at that level just spray it or get a procharger.

or get this. sure it might not handle, but who cares when you're running 10's in your truck hah.
http://supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=343700&page=1&pp=25

/thread.

Last edited:
The new Pontiac GTOs are going for cheap. 2004 models have 350HP and the 2005 and up models have 400HP (same engine as the current vette). That's what I went with - a 2005 GTO. It's fun and only cost me 26k out the door (after tax and all of that jazz). Easily the cheapest power you can get.

Latest posts

Back