2 years away and these cars are still selling for the same price.

txrxs

:
MSP->240sx->626GT->240sx->240sx
It's been about two years since I've owned a titanium #1487. I sold the car for 10k in 2005 with some minor mods in pretty decent shape and 40k.

Low and behold I'm considering picking another msp as a daily only to find that prices are higher now then when I was selling back then. Hell, my old car is for sale again for 10.5k after a price drop.

What caused the market of these car to plateau or even appreciate? I've rarely seen this in the market and considering people couldn't give them away before, why did the demand become so high. I was hoping I could get back in a car for about 7k but I can get a 350z for what people seem to asking for msp's.

well I think you need to lay off the pipe. Everything is selling for cheap nowadays (the economy). Used cars are doing better than some goods, but they are in the crapper just like everything else. You could easily get an MSP for $7k.

not really I sold my old p5 for 1 grand more then it was worth with a shot trans 6 or 7 months ago.

Edit: and the place that I sold it to turned around and had it sold within a few days even with their mark up.

well I think you need to lay off the pipe. Everything is selling for cheap nowadays (the economy). Used cars are doing better than some goods, but they are in the crapper just like everything else. You could easily get an MSP for $7k.

http://autos.yahoo.com/used-cars/overview?sortcol=price&askpriceub=any&askpricelb=any&deliverymileageub=any&deliverymileagelb=any&location=Dallas%2C+TX+75202&listingtype=used&model=mazdaspeed_protege&make=mazda&distance=any

also check local craigslist. We've got an msp local in MN for $5,900

http://autos.yahoo.com/used-cars/overview?sortcol=price&askpriceub=any&askpricelb=any&deliverymileageub=any&deliverymileagelb=any&location=Dallas%2C+TX+75202&listingtype=used&model=mazdaspeed_protege&make=mazda&distance=any

also check local craigslist. We've got an msp local in MN for $5,900

I never disputed the fact that you can get them a lot cheaper. I know the used car lot down the street from my house where my friend works as the mech, the cars arn't even staying on the lot for more then a week at most. Thats even with old classics where they want 15-20k it all paid up front. They also sold 80 cars last week! So not everything is standing at a still but most things are creeping by mainly the higher end cars and houses.

Edit: Your smaller cars for the most apart are holding their value when compared to the larger trucks and SUVs.

Last edited:
book value:
Trade-In Average
$6,075
Reconditioned retail:
$8,425

add $1000 if you can find one with 40,000 miles (good luck for a 5+ year old car)

OP "I was hoping I could get back in a car for about 7k"

All I'm saying is you can buy an MSP for $7k every day of the week.

Last edited:
book value:
Trade-In Average
$6,075
Reconditioned retail:
$8,425

add $1000 if you can find one with 40,000 miles (good luck for a 5+ year old car)

blackbook , nada, kbb, auction all have different values for the same car. You also have to take into consideration of the area as well.

This was just after a quick browse of the for sale section. What really threw me was the fact that my old car was going for more then I sold it for.

blackbook , nada, kbb, auction all have different values for the same car. You also have to take into consideration of the area as well.

Those prices are NADA for Dallas tx. I was offered $3,000 in trade in for my msp a year ago. I told the dealer that it was insulting and to **** off. He said the value was based on recent auction sales of msp's, which he showed me and it was true. Most msp's were selling at auction for between 3-5k.

(I was looking at a wrx that they had for dirt cheap. it was a Nissan dealer.)

Those prices are NADA for Dallas tx. I was offered $3,000 in trade in for my msp a year ago. I told the dealer that it was insulting and to **** off. He said the value was based on recent auction sales of msp's, which he showed me and it was true. Most msp's were selling at auction for between 3-5k.

(I was looking at a wrx that they had for dirt cheap. it was a Nissan dealer.)

wow.. i thought about trading my msp in about 3 months ago and get into somethign cheaper and i got offered 8k...

i bought my msp for 12.5k 2.5 yrs ago, and it was the cheapest one i found after 6 months of looking

I was going to ask 10 for mine and I only have 45k on it.

I didn't realize you were trying to get out of your MSP. What's next on the list?

To the OP:
I'm sure if you look hard enough You'll find one in your price range. I've seen a few sell on this board for that price.
The same thing happened with me the suzuki samurai. I used to be able to buy them clean or modded for $500 all day. Now you can't touch a clean stocker for under $3,500 and that's for a 20 year old car!!

the price may be going up also due to how many are left. lots of msp's/mp3's are "gone" due to accidents and such. you can get better daily's then the msp anyway. my definition of a daily would be a geo metro or something with 40 mpg.

I don't know about you but just because I was trying to get a daily driver doesn't mean I want to cry everytime I have to drive it.

Back