2 questions

Maxxpwr

:
yellow MSP for sale. 05 EVO VIII MR
1st and most important, i hooked up my unichip this week and fricken love it, the high boost runs a little high though, spiking at 15 and settling at 13psi. too high, i dont want to run it, i'd like to run 10psi with high. with low boost switch im running 7 psi, and it runs great tho.
- i was wondering if anyone knew anywhere here locally that tunes unchips?
i can send it back to vendor and he said he'll tune the high boost down for me, but would rather just do it here real quick if i could.

- and I am also looking for a new beater car for winter. mainly for miles because school is now a 72mile full trip and my snowboarding mountain (go at least twice a week) is about the same, too many miles on my msp. at first i was thinkin like a geo or accord or something, but i found some pathfinders and would rather have something like that, because of all wheel drive and its big so i can put stuff in it, (big snowboard trips and such). I have about $1000 saved up for this now and would be willing to go as high as $1500, if anyone knows anyone who is selling something or suggestions on what to buy, i'd like to hear em.
thanks

There's a shop in Burnsville that is looking at getting UC certified. I think it's RS motorsports, it's right off 13 and 35W. I'll see if if can find the link from mnsportcompact.com. Otherwise Chicago is the closest. :(

EDIT: found it, here's the link

Last edited:
I agree ron is very trustworthy, but I already asked all of the "tuners" in mn.
None of them are trained or have software. The closest one is in Illinois, GRD

Last edited:
okay, i'll talk to ron, otherwise i'll just ship it back to vendor and have it done

Ron doesnt have the software or training to tune the unichip. Unichip will not send anyone the software unless they get trained by unichip. The next training class starts in the spring.
Keep the unichip drive to grd with me.

Last edited:
oh really, well i'll probably end up sending it in then, not really a problem i was just wondering really if there was a anywhere around here

Back