2 questions

02pro-es

:
2002,ES
question 1. does the 2002 cd/tape factory head unit have out puts on the back.
question 2. i have noticed speaker holes in the rear doors of my es. i know nothing is in them but i was wondering if it was wired for speakers.

1) No. But most amps accept speaker level inputs...if not you can always purchase a LOC.

2) I don't believe it is wired for speakers. Only the MSP and MP3 were wired for the door speakers because they had the subwoofer under the rear deck.

Anyway I see where this is going and I'm going to recommend that you don't waste time with rear speakers (doors or rear deck). If you want to upgrade your stereo system, I suggest purchasing an amplifier and a set of component speakers (woofer, tweeter, and crossover). Give us an idea of what you are looking to get out of your stereo system and how much you want to spend...there are plenty of people including myself who can point you in the right direction.

im not looking for much. just some decent bass. i have a 10 inch bazooka and im looking to get an amp tommorow i was just currious about the doors. i now there is no remote on the stock head but i dont want to have to mess with a switch, wich wires can i use to hook a remote wire to?

02, just use any wire in the car that is accessory power. Then you do not need a switch. So long as teh car is on, so will be the amp, if the car is off so is the amp. It will not even be noticable as being on if the radio isn'tso long as the amp isn't crap.

Where do people get this switch crap from?

You are not wired for rear door speakers totaly, although I think the wires are actualy present in the doors, I have to check. Only the MSP and P5 are wired all the way through for them.

The MP3 does not have rear door speakers, it has rear deck speakers like the regualr protege sedans.

02pro-es said:
question 1. does the 2002 cd/tape factory head unit have out puts on the back.
question 2. i have noticed speaker holes in the rear doors of my es. i know nothing is in them but i was wondering if it was wired for speakers.

1. no it does not
2. no they are not. the protege5 and mazdaspeed protege are the only proteges with door speakers.

Back