2.0 AT vs MT P5 0-60 times

He forgets hes in a FF, Good luck with that Put her in (Sport Auto) First gear then Push the Gas and brakes at the same time without a clutch & see what happens

Yep totally forgot about that fact... so wtf is powerbraking in an FF car??

I guess there is no powerbraking in a FF car. My mistake, I assumed that the bog down holding the brake while at 3K or so and letting up on the brake would help but I'm sure it'd kill your clutchpacks and I hear the AT transmissions aren't too robust as it is.

I'll just have to accept, that "I'm the man in my family sedan" and that it "goes 0-60 in about 5 minutes".

Thanks guys.

A FWD car vs. a RWD is not very different in terms of stall conversion settings and the clutch packs...by means of their layout... brake stalling a RWD usually results in the rear tires still spinning because its the tiny rear brakes trying to hold a very high amount of torque (that is why you have a gearbox...torque is mulitplied from the output shaft by gear ratio AND final drive ratio)....so first gear is huge in terms of torque...rear brakes are not usually designed to hold that...FWD cars however usually have less torque overall, and front brakes capable of stopping it...and the tires do not spin... just pointing out that physically it is just the brakes that are making the change...RWD cars, unless they have modified biasing, are not doing anything different...just because the rear wheels spin doesn't mean the transmission is doing anything different...its just the torque is higher and the brakes can't stop it...yet the front wheels are locked (just like in FWD) so the car doesn't move...hand braking a RWD car with an auto will not usually hold it still, because it only applies the rear brakes...which will not hold the first gear torque and the car will just move... Not sure why I am typing this...just reading over the last page or two of this thread became extremely bizarre...

Rac3rX said:
How do you rev in second to 7k with a Automatic Sport shifter?

Wouldnt you mean Rev to 7k in N then Drop it into 2nd?

Ohh and the Rev limiter Kickes in arround 6750rpm you wont get to 7k.

As far As I know The Proteges with the Auto Sport shifters cant be reved In any gear without moving the drive wheels.

In my auto P5 I have went past the 7k mark by accident. If I manually shift at 6500 it will do it at 7k (lag). the auto will not shift for you and have hit the limit/fuel cut off twice now by accident. you can brake torque the auto as I have done it. I haven't tried passed 2k though. I haven't tried it in second either.

BTW...sticker tires sap power from the engine due to the increased friction. muhahaha...physics is a b****.

Mazda P5 driver said:
In my auto P5 I have went past the 7k mark by accident. If I manually shift at 6500 it will do it at 7k (lag). the auto will not shift for you and have hit the limit/fuel cut off twice now by accident. you can brake torque the auto as I have done it. I haven't tried passed 2k though. I haven't tried it in second either.

BTW...sticker tires sap power from the engine due to the increased friction. muhahaha...physics is a b****.

Im talking from a stand Still in Second Gear Reving to 7k then launching, it cant be done.

0-60 11.5, couldn't take it anymore... Sold the Protege 5 and bought a WRX... I still have a Mazda 5 though so I'll be around :)

0-60 in 5.7 :)

2323727_1_full.jpg

Last edited:
Back