1st Annual MazdaFest Hawaii 2010

HKPRO5

:
Supercharged Protege5
I know most of us are on FH here but I just wanted to post this here just in case. =)

Taken from Rotareseach on FH.
As we have begun to finalize our plans at the Monthly All Mazda Meet, yesterday (Feb. 20 2010) we the club representatives have came up with some good ideas.

Club representatives, please use this as a guide line to organize your members to prepare for the event...

What: 1st Annual MazdaFest 2010
When: Sunday June 20th 2010
Time: may start as early as 11:00am till 3:00pm (time not set yet)
Where: Cutter Mazda / VW of Ala Moana (800 Ala Moana Blvd. )
Representing Clubs: HI RPM (Hawai'i Rotary Powered Mazdas), Mazda6 Club Hawaii, 808R3VOLUTION, Team Pro5, Miata Club of Hawaii, and Elite Mazda Performance (EMP).

We have decided on awarding trophies to the best cars of 6 categories: Rotary, Mazda6, Mazda3, Protege / Protege5, Miata / MX-5, and Mazdaspeed.

Each trophy will be $60 and each club representative will be collecting a split amount from the member participants.

We will meet again in a near future Monthly All Mazda Meet to hand the money over to Bigbaddad (Mazda6 Club Hawaii) who will be helping us on getting the trophies made.

Some of us will be working on getting media coverage, as well as setting up a possible food drive, and getting Mazda USA involved in this event.

I would like to thank all those who will be helping us setting up this event, and hope we can make this a sucessful turnout.

-.- Why didn't we have this before. Good luck to you guys entering.

why didnt you just keep your car=) funny you still look around here yet. ah just stop by and check it out, see you there.

to everyone.....

Talked with the G.M. at Cutter Waipahu and he's really wanting to do this.

He asked me to email him a little more info, so I did.

Now we wait for a confirmation.....

It's on!!!

Mel Ramos G.M. Cutter Waipahu, and Mr. Cutter Owner of Cutter cars are exited to host our MazdaFest 2010.

They're talking about doing newspaper ads that promote the meet, along with their car ads of course.

Mr. Cutter said that he will talk with Mazda USA to see if they would like to get involved in some way too.

Mr. Ramos is also willing to supply Hot Dogs, Burgers, and drinks along with perhaps having some of their vendors, mechanics, and parts personnel on hand.

They said that they will probably be able to accommodate up to 60 cars, and ask that we give him a car count some time in April which is perfect, cause that jives with our schedule of when we need a final car count too.

Revision Audio is also on board sponsoring a "Best of MazdaFest 2010" trophy.

Only thing is, since I'm part of Team Revision I'm automatically disqualified from this trophy cause he will be doing the judging of this category personally. :(

This looks like it's going to be an awesome event for all of us!

Let your individual club/crew leaders know that you and your car want to be a part of MazdaFest 2010!

Okay, got this email from Mel Ramos (General Manager Cutter Waipahu).....

Derek,

I will be going on vacation for three weeks. I will be back the end of April. Just want to let you know that we are going to be looking at a very big party for the clubs and we are looking at hiring a DJ or a band for the event and also providing food. We can maybe even hire a company to barbecue for us. We are also looking at giving prizes for the best vehicles. We can all get together when I get back to get your thoughts and ideas on how we can all make it the best Mazda event ever. Zoom Zoom!

Mel Ramos

General Manager

Any thoughts.....

April 24th.

Same time, same place, no drama!

Moneys ($60.00), and car count will be due at this meet by all crew/club leaders.

We will also be having a short discussion on MazdaFest 2010.

I already posted in the Monthly Mazda Meet, but if anyone missed that . . .

Next Meet

April 24, 2010
8:00ish PM
Pearl Highlands Wendys, Two blocks town bound down from the Walmart in pearl city.
What Clubs Need To Bring:
Car Count
$60: Money for the Trophy (Katsu will be there to pick it up)

PM me if you need directions.

MazdaFestHawaiiflyler_v25.jpg

Okay guys, roll in will be at 9:00am/Cutter Mazda Waipahu.
Please check the FH boards for all/up to date info.
See you there!!!

Back