19in BBS CH

opt_ms3

:
Mazdaspeed3
So, after drooling for like 10 minutes over the MPS Extreme edition, I started wondering what the process would be like to fit these 19in BBS CH wheels on the MS3. How hard would it be? I know the fenders would need to be rolled I guess, even though I have never done that. It looks like some some black trim on the fenders too. Here is a pic

9071011.005.Mini2L.jpg

So what do you guys think? How doable is it?

Its doable almost anything is doable it just depends if your up for it. for something like this you can half ass it your going to have to do it go all out. it also depends on what width and offset you are going to run.

shouldnt be that hard. especially because it looks like they got reallly low profile tires.
Shouldnt be hard at all, rolling the fenders should do it assuming you can get those wheels with a reasonable offset.

yeah, its late and I just realized that I am not in the wheels and tires subsection. mods, feel free to move me, my bad

I have 18X8's my car is lowered 1.8 inches all around. I had to get my rear fenders rolled cause they were hitting the tires. Im sure you can do this if you dont plan on dropping the car.

but I'm definitely going to drop it, I have the eibach springs right now, which are almost an inch drop

Or maybe look at Rota Formula Mesh in Gunmetal or Charcoal Grey.

For a while, Tirerack had the real BBS wheels for sale. IIRC, 18x8.5 and 18x9s where $300-350 each. Not bad for a premium wheel. It'd take some work to get those to fit though.

aam: you're right man. that's probably the cheesiest name out there. i'm not really into it...

if it didn't have the fender flares and the McDonalds engine bay i'd like it.

the wheels are sick atleast.

I'm really digging the painted roof and spoiler. how hard would that job be? but yeah extreme is a pretty lame name, especially the cheesy decal on the back. i guess they do things a little bit different down under lol

well if you are a painter and know what u r doing it shouldnt be hard at all...

but if you have no clue what u r doing i would never attempt to diy that.

extreme is a gay name, like when they has those already dropped from the factory with body kitted UBER GAY S-10 aka "Xtreme" Those were for queers. The red one is ever played out Im way over all the red ones now. But painting the roof black would look nice. I would not suggest the entire wing, perhaps the portion that lines up with the roof middle section itself, otherwise where the spoiler mounts to the hatch will look ridiculously off

well if you are a painter and know what u r doing it shouldnt be hard at all...

but if you have no clue what u r doing i would never attempt to diy that.

well, obviously I have no painting experience, I was asking about the difficultly as in someone who has experience with that. Just wondering how hard it would be to remove it. Or can it not be removed? It probably needs to be painted while on the car

Back