1974 Mazda RX-4

Yeah they came with the 13b.
The intake looks like 1 of the racing beat kits. IIRC came with the manifold, a Holley carb (unsure on the details), and the Racing Beat air cleaner.

He believes it's just an off the shelf carb with a RB top. That too is in his plan.

To clear up some questions. The Carb is a 600cfm Holley that is an off the shelf unit in my opinion,and not a Racing Beat modified unit. It is a 4 barrel. The engine is a 6-port 13B from a series three GSL-SE RX-7,and the intake manifold is a Racing Beat six-port unit.

From the factory these were teh first cars in the US to get the 13B,but it was a 4-port like the similar in many ways REPU that debuted in 74 as well.

Maybe someday I will build a 4-port 13B for this car as I much prefer the 4-port to the 6-port anyway. I would also rather go back to the factory intake,and carb if I can locate them someday,but the Holley works for now even though the proper Racing Beat unit would work better.

This car is by no means perfect,and looks way better in Josh's pics than when you get up close and personal,but it isn't a POS either. If anyone is interested as some have showed so far,everything has a price,and while I don't want to sell it I would for the right amount of money. Nah maybe not!!! I do want to enjoy it next summer before I*make up my mind.

Not perfect keep it there hard too find, i know i have one.
and lucky i found it... love my rx4!
attachment.php

Back