194 light questions

WaGuy82

:
Mazda 6s
Hi

I was thinking of replacing my front lights with something more white. From previous threads, it looks like I should get the 194's. Is this the same type of light I should get when wanting to replace my interior lights? I guess they'd be my map lights. The ones with a yellow (incandescent) hue to them. Also, does the number of LED's make a real difference on the lights?

Thanks.

Duong Nguyen

my brother has an overwhelming amount of blue in his 6i, he drilled away a little of the reflective material to fit a 9-led ( #168/194 ) bulb. having that in all four map lights and the door light is the same size.
that will be bright enough as is, looks great when it dims too!!

that wasn't enough for him, so he bought two 12" led strips for under consoles and mounted little festoon bulbs on the sides of the front seatbelts and on the armrest.
i'll have to take a picture of it, but it's like blue daylight in his car.

SuperBrightLEDs.com has several different color 194/168 bulbs, the 6-led ones will work great and they fit perfectly.
you're lucky you have 4 map lights, that's nice

I got the wedge leds to fit the hedlight housing...soon as I find the video of them and HID's I'll post it...

as for leds... www.autolumination.com is the place to go...

i hab another question here..i hab a 2004 mazda6s but iono how to take off the sunglass holder/maplight holder thingy ... like the entire unit thingy that holds the map lights...i took off the screws or w/e dey are but i cant seem to find the clips that are holding them up there...do u guys have any pics or anything so that i can get a better understanding of how to take it off? thanks

Allan,

The autoillumination 6LED's DO NOT FIT!!!! Only the superbrightled's WEDGE type 194 6 LED fits in all 194's.

The autoillumination ones only fit in the doors, where as you can use the superbright led's ones in almost every single 194, except for the vanity lights next to the mirror on the sunblocker flap.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?product=CAR

WLED-6 LED bulb
12 VDC 6-LED Wedge Base bulb (194/168 type)
Our brightest bulb of this type
Non Polarized

$ 2.99

Its right below the RL-650 load resistor kit. These 6LED's fit in...

1) Parking lights
2) Map lights (front and rear)
3) Door panel lights
4) License plate lights

The autoillumination 4LED's fit everywhere, but their 6LED's are extra wide, and you need to cut things to make them fit in the overheat map lights, where as the superbrights just plug right in.

I have the leds in headlights now...some sanding will alow them to fit(I didn't read that till after) but if I have to remove them I have to have the assembly out for they will dismount the housing and fall in the assembly(perfect time to remove that metal devider piece that causes my hids to have funky cut off...)

In conclusion the bulbs fit but they aren't a direct fit(as I just so happen to glance back at your post and it clearly says that..). Hiperwhite WLED from www.superbrightleds.com that were supse to be white turned out to be between purple and blue against my hids...(intended for clear corners but since they were the exact color as my car they now reside in the door pannels)

hey guys ... another problem that i hab...but ummm basically i hab the map light holders with the glasses holder so basically i hab to take off the screws first and then pry off the whole piece to gain access to the map lights....but then the thing is...i cant seem to pry off the piece itself...ive tried to apply a lot of force to it but juss ended up seeming to bend the plastic a little, and nothing came out of it...is there a certain place that i hab to apply force or something??? need answers thanks

Back