17's

TreFlip999

Contributor
Potential Scammer!
:
2003 Yellow Beast
just curious cause its been bugging me...i have 17's on my p5...everyone keeps telling me they look too small for the car...does anyone else think so?

just lower ur P5 and all will be good
TreFlip999 said:
just curious cause its been bugging me...i have 17's on my p5...everyone keeps telling me they look too small for the car...does anyone else think so?

i know its buggin the hell out of me...what is the best drop kit you guys recommend?

mryellermp5 said:
just lower ur P5 and all will be good
hey what kind of paint and stuff did you use to black out your headlights and where did you get it?

dude, its your car...who cares what other ppl think. as long as you like it. i think it looks good. i sport my 16's proudly. (sig not updated, lol) :D

chaosProtege said:
dude, its your car...who cares what other ppl think. as long as you like it. i think it looks good. i sport my 16's proudly. (sig not updated, lol) :D
thats true....dont sugar coat it lol(idhitit)

TreFlip999 said:
hey what kind of paint and stuff did you use to black out your headlights and where did you get it?

On my first set of headlights (before the guardrail) I had a flat black paint called "trim black" on the current set of headlights I have high gloss black with blue mica.

My old side markers were painted with night shades translucient paint.

As for lowering your car Eibach springs are tried & true. If you don't want a really low drop then look into a set if MSP springs.

Looks fine. They look small because of the lip, and because they're black. Rims without a visible lip tend to look a lot bigger.

TreFlip999 said:

Check this.

You can buy everything you need at Home Depot. Including an oven.

rednecks_r_us said:
If you don't want a really low drop then look into a set if MSP springs.

I have MSP Springs on my P5 and the drop is very subtle, I love it.

Stock ride height w/ 195/50/16's:
P1010017.jpg

Dropped w/ MSP Springs and 205/45/16's:
P1010169.jpg

Thekid760 said:
I have MSP Springs on my P5 and the drop is very subtle, I love it.

Stock ride height w/ 195/50/16's:
P1010017.jpg

Dropped w/ MSP Springs and 205/45/16's:
P1010169.jpg
about how much exactly is the drop inch wise?

Better than the Protege5 springs but softer than the eibachs.

For streetability they are awesome. sporty but still tame. They don't knock the fillings out of your mouth when you hit any bumps.

rednecks_r_us said:
Better than the Protege5 springs but softer than the eibachs.

For streetability they are awesome. sporty but still tame. They don't knock the fillings out of your mouth when you hit any bumps.
so you reccommend the MSP springs? they fit just fine on P5's? what do they usuaslly run as far as $$

I knew a guy that had them on his old P5 and he loved them.

check the forsale threads here. You should be able to find somebody with a MSP that changed to some coil overs or got eibachs them selves.

Back