16x8 +10 Wheel fitment?

kwaits92

:
2011 Mazda2
So for those of you lowered how much work would I be getting myself into fitting a 16x8 +10 wheel? I will be lowering my car anywhere from 2-2.5".

Well it's gonna stick out 13.3 mm more than a 15x9 +36. To make it close to flush with only being 2.5" lower, you'll most likely have to run a 195/55. Get camber bolts and run max camber in the front. Also, roll, and most likely flare/pull your fenders.. do it with the eastwood (or whatever) fender rollers.

Hope that helped.. if anyone else wants to weigh in, be my guest.. more people thinking, more chance of getting better and better answers

May look awkward with such a small sidewall. But like I said, take all the necessary precautions (i.e. Fender rolling/pulling, Camber bolts etc.). I can't say for certain exactly it'll come out, since I can't remember what a 2.5" drop looks like.. could look pretty sweet, may look awkward if the wheels are sticking out past the fenders.

Why not run adapter/spacers? That can open up even more wheel options.. Instead of trying to find the right offset built in, make the right offset/fit with bolt-on spacers

Last edited:
I looked into that. But I don't know how much I trust them. I would also end up having to get a narrower wheel due to the spacer.

Well, if you're able to source a 16x8 +30-40 or something, you could run the spacers. I trust the bolt on ones more, because those actually fit properly (especially model specific ones), and, someone correct me if I'm wrong, they distribute the load better rather than universal "slip-on" spacers.

If you're adamant on not using spacers, then look around for 16x8 +20.. Google, Ebay, Craigslist.. someone out there has them. I personally think without a good amount of fender work, and willingness to do it, 16x8 +10 might be out of your range.. unless of course, you're down to put in the work to make them fit.

Out of curiousity's sake, what wheels were you looking at?

I was looking at a lot of things lol. Rota Grids in particular. I was looking for GM or Hyper Black. On a $12,000 car I can't justify legit wheels worth 10% of the car. Lol I also looked at BBS, CCW, and many many others.

Naw man no worries.. I know I said before I'd rather rep legit wheels, but not everyone can. s*** I wanna rock legit wheels, but I'm not getting $1600 rims.. I'm looking for the deals haha. Do you man.. if you wanna get some Rota's, get some Rota's. :)

So do the Rota Grids, for 16x8, only come in +10? Or are there other options?

No they come in 0 10 20 and 40. But I want an concave wheel. So 40 is out. I think I'm gonna roll 20. Font is gonna hook me up.

When I'm finished this setup is gonna look good.

New candidate. It's one of these two. Grid is 16x8 20.
Enkei is 16x8 25.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 222
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 196
Back