16 or 17?

mhrebin

:
03 pro
im lookin into some aftermarket wheels for my 03 lx. just wondering what would be a better option to go with. 16's or 17's. i plan on lowering the car about 1.5 inches and wanted to know whats a good setup as far as grip, ride and looks.

suggestions welcome on size and also wheel choice.

i'm running 215/45-17s i love them. fills the wheel wells quite nice, good ride and great performance (falken rt-615s) i like the extra ride height since its a street car.

See sig...lowered 1.5 inches with Goldline springs on 205/45/17's

Drives like a champ!

HERE is a pic of the rim and tire up close, it doesnt show how close it is to the fender tho because I think the other side of the car was jacked up at that moment.

Last edited:
mountjonas said:
what's your offset?

Good question...

+42 according to this...Click Here

The guy that I bought the rims from matched the tires to the rims and the car, and it was even before it was lowerd, I told him of my plans though:)

I guess I coulda used a wider tire to protect against curb rash, but then it would rub for sure, so im good.

Last edited:
Wow, that site has got some great deals on rims and tires. I was gonna get mine from this guy called nateswheels on ebay. He has a shitload of rim and tire deals for only about $700 shipped. But this site is looking even better. Check nate out though if you ever wanna buy on ebay.

it will slow you down, but not noticable...our cars dont often drop low enough for 16s if ur worried about wheel gap unless u try eibach pro or coilovers.

Definitely go with 17s. I have a set of 15s, 16s and 17s. The 15s are winter wheels, the 16s are factory that I'm going to hang on to until I sell the car, and the 17s are my summer wheels.

side.jpg

Our cars are already slow. A couple extra pounds isn't gonna make any difference IMO.

Tom03es said:
Definitely go with 17s. I have a set of 15s, 16s and 17s. The 15s are winter wheels, the 16s are factory that I'm going to hang on to until I sell the car, and the 17s are my summer wheels.

side.jpg

what kind of springs do you have on? just wondering

Back