153 MPH in MS3

CosmoMS3

:
MAZDASPEED3, CX5 manual
I finally had a chance to go all the way with my Mazdaspeed3. I had 2 runs and the speedometer froze at 153 Mph. I have it all on video, I just have to figure out a way to transfer it to the computer. Did anybody else try it? How fast could you go? I figure that if I saw 153 on the dashboard, the actual speed may be lower. I do have GPS but I did not try to read the speed using the GPS. Maybe next time...
(drive)

have you seen the video of the guy at nurburgring doing 144 mph ? scary stuff be careful m8 at that speed you aint got a hope

Not bad, not bad. Im sure he was careful. If you werent poo on you. Was is a quick acceleration? There is only a couple places I could even attempt to go that fast in a car, in my area. How did she feel handling wise?

in a good car 150 doesnt seem that fast, especially if you are on a track or out in the middle of nowhere. i did about 150 from ogden utah to mountain home idaho last year in a toyota matrix and it wasnt that bad.. if the trix can do it, the ms3 must feel like your gliding.

thats a bit quicker then ive gone, didnt care to try and push it too much.

I love the "death wish" response. Ive never met someone who doesnt drive at 10-2 all the time say that a high speed run is dangerous. If you pick the right road at the right time, not the highway at rush hour. Then its plenty safe if you dont have the trendency to spontaneously jerk your arms.

I have I95 right by my house. But the only stretch good enough. Literally has mini speed bumps in the road. from the road buckling over the years. And PennDOT isnt in a hury to fix it. Have to head to Delware to get any decent Highway.

153 MPH on 55

MakeMeGoFast said:
I have I95 right by my house. But the only stretch good enough. Literally has mini speed bumps in the road. from the road buckling over the years. And PennDOT isnt in a hury to fix it. Have to head to Delware to get any decent Highway.

Well, in my area the speed limit is 55 Mph all around. I am on supervision for speeding (doing 12 Mph over :) ) so I tried to be careful about this. I planned this for about two weeks. I found that 3 AM is the best time to drive fast. I drove around and I found a stretch of highway with no exits/entrances for about 3 miles. I had two of my friends with radar detectors at both extremities and we were on conference call on our cell phones all the time. The idea was that if a police car approaches, they would let me know right away and I would have time to slow down. However, at 140 miles per hour my cell phone lost the signal (twice) and got it back when I slowed down (that makes me wander if people can use the cell phone in a flying airplane).

The car pulls great all the way. The 6th gear is a little slower (over 130 Mph) but in fourth and fifth the acceleration is strong and constant. I had to slam on my brakes at 140 once when a large truck suddenly changed lanes and I thought it will cut me off. The car was very stable and predictable but the wind noise is pretty loud.

Too bad there is no legal way to try this in US on expressway. I am still blown by the fact that Germans can do that every day (or night) if they want to.

Near my place there is a stretch of prefectly straight highway with no offramps/onramps for a 4-5km stretch so if you see noone ahead then nothing can happen until you reach the next onramp where someone might merge onto the right lane.

well cant be much more careful if ya tried. How did the car feel when you had to slam on the brakes at 140.

justa4banger said:
153 on public roads? where you at so i can come see the nasty wreck??

The autobahn is a public road
Do you feel better now that you critized him.

i have taken it 2 155 on the dot and when i got the intake it went up 2 like 157 or 158 something like that =) scary s*** lol.

CosmoMS3 said:
I finally had a chance to go all the way with my Mazdaspeed3. I had 2 runs and the speedometer froze at 153 Mph. I have it all on video, I just have to figure out a way to transfer it to the computer. Did anybody else try it? How fast could you go? I figure that if I saw 153 on the dashboard, the actual speed may be lower. I do have GPS but I did not try to read the speed using the GPS. Maybe next time...
(drive)
What is the point?

Others have done 150+ MPH. Did you doubt that your car had the ability to do so?

Euphorism said:
in a good car 150 doesnt seem that fast, especially if you are on a track or out in the middle of nowhere. i did about 150 from ogden utah to mountain home idaho last year in a toyota matrix and it wasnt that bad.. if the trix can do it, the ms3 must feel like your gliding.

Was the matrix modded? The XRS model only come with about 165 hp and tops out at 134 mph:

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/toyota/toyota-matrix-ar3045/specs.html

http://www.modernracer.com/toyotamatrixxrs.html

Last edited:
matsuda said:
What is the point?

Others have done 150+ MPH. Did you doubt that your car had the ability to do so?

What is the point in trying the new best pizza in town everybody is talking about? Do you doubt is going to taste good?

I always wanted to go with 250 km/h (which is the electronically - controlled speed limit for most european sports car). Having a car that can do 155 MPH and never try it???

Back