15,000 Service at dealer on 2014 CX 5 FWD Touring AT

My (former) dealer tried to charge me $280 for the 15,000 service. When I asked what that included the service writer rattled off an extensive list of things that didn't need doing and that would offer me no benefit. I called him on it and he produced a 15,000 mile service sheet (not from Mazda) that included all the items he had rattled off. When I produced the actual 15,000 mile maintenance schedule, the idiot service writer put on his reading glasses and held it at arms length, face scrunched up as if he had never seen Mazda's service schedule and exclaimed in a very disbelieving voice "That's an awfully abbreviated service schedule, I've never seen anything like it." I looked him right in the eye and said "This is all Mazda recommends." He looked flustered but eventually said something like "well if that's all you want, we can just do that" It was said in a manner that suggested only a foolish person would ignore the other things on his list (like replacing the fuel filter inside the fuel tank).

He said the "abbreviated" service would be $70 using the synthetic Moly 0-20. Since I was there for my scheduled service I let them do it. But I haven't been back since and I make sure all my friends, acquaintances and extended family members hear this story before they make a purchase. And it's not just one Mazda dealer losing their business because the same company owns 4 different dealerships in the same area. The same family owns Ford, Mazda, Subaru, and Jeep dealerships.

I've been doing my own services since that unpleasant experience and it's easier than driving it there and back. And I know it gets done properly.

I have had just about the same experience here with service from the dealer from where I purchased. Overpriced and over-serviced. Add in the fact that they left a tool on my headlight, closed the hood, cracked the light and then removed the tool...and we're done. I order Mazda Moly online and service the car myself.

Back