14" Wheels mounted

elfhearse

:
11 MX5 SE Dolphin Grey
For those asking for pix, quick shot of my Winter tires setup I got from T-Rack.
14" Sport wheels made for Kosei in Thailand, 14x6 4-100 ET38 with 73/54 centering ring
175/65R14 Continental Extreme Winter tires..and NO TPMS, would have cost almost as much as the damn wheels. (curved piece of electrical tape works well on the bottom of the tach.)

FRONT:

232323232%7Ffp633%3A5%3Enu%3D4789%3E872%3E253%3EWSNRCG%3D3358%3C2%3B646344nu0mrj

REAR:

232323232%7Ffp63399%3Enu%3D4789%3E872%3E253%3EWSNRCG%3D3358%3B%3B6%3A86344nu0mrj

Car is lowered slightly on Eibach springs.

Thanks! Hey I've got almost the same set of "sports" for my 2000 Focus... obviously its a different bolt pattern (4x108) or I'd have tried them already.

BTW: I just realized that my '90 VW GLI and '88 Golf wheels might fit if the center hole (what is that called anyway?) is the right size since they are the same bolt pattern and also are ET38. But, since the temps are at 7 degrees Farenheit, I think I'll use the Yoko Avids and the 15" rims that the Touring edition came with for this winter.

Thanks again for the pics.

UR welcome,
I think a lower offset would look better as it would move the wheels outward...wonder how +30 would look.
I was tempted to pick up a set of 14" Daisy Miata wheels locally to see how they work out.

Looks good and x2 on the electrical tape. ;)

How do you like those tires? I live in the Lehigh Valley and have been thinking about getting them to replace my Blizzaks.

How do you like those tires?
Pretty good all around Winter tires....not as aggressive in the snow as the Blizzaks, but not as "squirmy" either from what I remember from Blizzaks I had on previous cars. They handle the twisties (almost) like a summer tire.

Any chance I can get a pic of this "electrical tape" magic. I'm having trouble visualizing it. Are we talking about sticking a piece of black tape on the cluster itself? Like behind the clear shield?

At work = no pix.....I took some 1" wide PVC (black) tape and cut it in a crescent shape to cover the bottom of the gauge cluster where the TPMS warning light is located and just laid it on top of the clear plastic cover. It's about 1/2" wide at the center which covers the light.

Pretty good all around Winter tires....not as aggressive in the snow as the Blizzaks, but not as "squirmy" either from what I remember from Blizzaks I had on previous cars. They handle the twisties (almost) like a summer tire.

Thanks...they are on my list as well as the General Altimax Arctics which have rave reviews. The Blizzaks are squirmy on dry roads but I still push them from time to time. ;)

Any chance I can get a pic of this "electrical tape" magic. I'm having trouble visualizing it. Are we talking about sticking a piece of black tape on the cluster itself? Like behind the clear shield?

I didn't get as fancy, I just took a 1x1 piece and placed it on the plastic lens where the light would be on my wifes Mazda3. She's happy not seeing it everday so it works for me.

Thanks for the info. I'm waiting for delivery of my Mazda2 this week.

Question: Would 14" steel wheels fit in the front?
I'm switching from a Toyota Echo and I already have my winter tires (same size you have) mounted on Honda steel wheels (54mm center bore).

Still chances of snow over here, so I'd like to transfert my winter set-up onto my 2.

Coming back to Mazda for the driving pleasure and ergonomy for my 6'1" frame. Also for a more fun car to toss around the track and cones.

Last edited:
"Coming back to Mazda for the driving pleasure and ergonomy for my 6'1" frame"

You are going to be very happy. I'm 6'2" with long legs and we just drove our M2 for 33 hours last weekend. Down to South Carolina and back. Two 16.5 hour stints plus local driving. Gas mileage was 30 to 35 mpg at 70 to 80 mph. Carrying luggage for two and three tool boxes. Motor is not fully loosened up yet.

The car handles very well stock and you can toss it around like an old Civic. Tires seem much better than most OEM's.

When you get behind the wheel you quickly feel like you've been driving this car all your life. Very at home.

I've installed brighter headlight bulbs and a small additional lumber support pad in the seat (needed for my old back). I think Mazda may have inherited Ford seats<LOL>

John

My Mazda dealer informed me that 14" steel wheels won't fit in the front.

Hopefully it does not snow too much for the next 2 weeks.

Well I did not end up buying my Mazda2 from the first dealer, who also said that 14" steelies would not fit.

I bough it closer to Montreal (Albi) and he confirmed that 14" steelies fit. Just did a test-fit and no problem at all, he's right.

Back