Reaction .504
60 ft 2.208
330 ft 6.125
1/8 9.267
1/8 MPH 79.90
1/4 14.320
1/4 MPH 92.58

Next best run was 14.396 @ 99.50 MPH

This is running Spool stage 3 @ 6 psi. Tire pressure @ 35 psi. Rear struts set to 5. Launching @ 4500 with e-brake.

As soon as I get a standalone and injectors we're talking bout mid 13's baby.

For all the people that ever said the Protege can't be a 13 sec car, I am only a few tenths away.

I have slips if anyone wants to see them, but I don't feel like hooking the scanner up.

Wow, that's a GREAT time for 6psi!! What octane was that? What's your FMU set to?

good job...I was supposed to goto the track last night on friday...but it was rainging...oh well next time, I hope to pill off some 14s aswell

NC_MP3 said:
93 octane and whatever the Vortech is, I think Terry sent me a 10:1.

Man. How the hell is your car that fast??? No way am I running low 14's @ 5psi right now. You don't spike past 6psi at all? Hats off, man. that's the most impressive 1/4 mile time I've heard for the mods done, ever.

Performance Mods: Mazdaspeed Intake Cam Mazdaspeed Exhaust Cam Spool Stage 3 Turbo Tial Wastegate Greddy Type S BOV Tripoint Engineering Flywheel ACT Heavey Duty Pressure Plate ACT Street Disc AWR Engine Mounts B&M Short Shifter HKS Carbon-Ti Muffler 3 Inch Exhaust Ground Control Coilovers G15/G25 Hybrid Tranny Mazdaspeed Adjustable Struts AWR Adjustable Endlinks Protege ES ECU

Show Mods: ADR Kasai 17 Inch Wheels Nitto 555 205/40 Tires Wings West CF Hood Autoexe Grill

Interior: Greddy EGT Guage Tenzo R Shift Knob

that is a VERY impressive list of mods however

Nice times:D
Dana Jim is in the exclusive club of BIG turbos. He is running a ported out compressor, super 60 wheel, stage III turbine and I think a .63 turbine housing. Oh the compressor is polished thats 20hp right there:p

spoolinmp3 said:
Nice times:D
Dana Jim is in the exclusive club of BIG turbos. He is running a ported out compressor, super 60 wheel, stage III turbine and I think a .63 turbine housing. Oh the compressor is polished thats 20hp right there:p
dont forget the spool stickers;)

nice job jim, if my kit is installed by next thursday i'll go to coastal and see what it will do. im hoping for low 14's there, maybe it will happen.

btw ive got the same turbo, minus the polishing.

wow...you improved your trap speed by 7 mph (92.5 --> 99.5) at almost the same ET? how?

keep in mind that those next .3 are going to be a lot tougher than the last .3. but good luck! and post the slips!

Post those Slips!!!!
Get someone to Videotape it, I wanna see a Protege make a run like that.

..echo.. ..echo.. ..echo..

dmitrik4 said:
wow...you improved your trap speed by 7 mph (92.5 --> 99.5) at almost the same ET? how?

keep in mind that those next .3 are going to be a lot tougher than the last .3. but good luck! and post the slips!

was probably spinning like a mofo on the 99mph one, thus the higher mph, had traction on the lower speed one.

good lord! my best time with 4lbs bo0st was 15.3, to be a second faster with 2psi higher is amazing!!!! what else can we do to the turbo to make it have more hp???? polishing alone is 20hp, thats crazy...what about the turbo you sold me terry, the honed out one, is that good??? lol

He was being sarcastic when he said the polished housing adds 20 hehe. Keep in mind I have a few more mods. Cams, flywheel, clutch.

The faster trap speed was because my 1st pass, the faster one, I let off a little before the end. That 1st pass coulda been a little faster.

Also the struts help. I don't spin that much. Setting the struts hard on the rear and lowering the tire pressure gave me very good traction.

Just so you know the times got slower and slower after that. Partly due to heat, partly due to the friggin metal flakes that were sucked into my turbo, more on that in another post.

**** man, thats awesome about the time, but it sucks about the flakes! i guess ill try and get my car running so that i can do 6lbs at the track...what else you got in your car??? i mean, inline fuel pump, bigger injectors, etc??? if you can list what you got that would help so i know if i should run 6psi and it would be safe.. thanks

Did you modify your MS cams at all or just dropped them in and went?? I'm gonna be talking to terry this week to plan out our system. Congrats. That's gives me hope.

Peace, Rishie

Latest posts

Back