#1301 is dead!

mp3&v-stars

:
2001 Mazda MP3
I know I don't post very much on here but I do read a lot.
But it is sad to say my MP3 died in Feb. 1st.
I was driving down a local highway about 55mph with my wife and daughter going to the doctor when all of the sudden....BAM!!!

A guy driving a 89 Chevy van blows a stop sign and pulls out in front of me. I took the hit right smack on the drivers headlight, and ripped the front bumper off. Everything infront of the front wheels is gone or smashed up.

I broke my left shoulder and my wife has to have knee surgery on her left knee after she took out the dash. My daugher was un-harmed (Thank God!)

The guy that caused the wreck was driving with a revoked license, SR-22 insurance and has had 3 DWI's. The worst part was the guy tried to leave the scenc of the wreck. Luckely a sherrif had just came upon our wreck and the a**hole turned around and got arrested.

Insurancee settled with me on the MP3 and with only 63,000+ miles says the car was worth only $6890. I talked the up to a max of $7500.00 for it. Now I get to go after the guy that caused the wreck.

Still healing from the wreck and getting over my loss.
I hope you guys take care of your MP3's, they can be gone in a second

Jason B.
Former owner 2001 Mazda MP3 #1301 of 1500 RIP

Make sure that you get medical payments covered by his insurance, as well as any pain and suffering you may have sustained. It may seem cheap and capitalistic, but if you have to suffer through it, you may as well profit somewhat.

Wow...sorry to hear this. I hope you and your wife heal quickly and that everything gets back to normal for you soon. I had a brush VERY similar a few days ago in my sisters car. A lady on the phone didn't look to her left from where I was coming from and then stopped in the middle of the road when she saw me honking and sliding on the wet pavement trying to stop. I was able to unlock the tires JUST in time to dodge her and end up in someones corner lot in the grass. Both parties fine though.

Again, I hope everything gets back to normal for you soon. It is sometimes these brushes in life that truly make us think about how fragile our lives are and how we should really appreciate what we have, who we have in our lives and overall the gift of life. be safe and god bless man.

That's awful to hear that you and your wife were hurt, but I'm glad it wasn't any worse and that your daughter is fine. Sorry about the MP3- that sure is a shame, but in the big picture it's great that you and the family are safe.

:(

I am so sorry for your loss my friend. I know its really hard because it just happened to me, but I still haven't settled with the other company's insurance.

Glad to see your family is ok, thats the most important and I pray that there won't be any lingering aches and pains in anyone that was in the car.

Its sad to see such an awesome car go :(

Best of luck finding another car that you enjoy as much.

I am so sorry for your loss my friend. I know its really hard because it just happened to me, but I still haven't settled with the other company's insurance.

Hey Fryespirit37 I read you thread about your car when I posted mine last night. My insurance totaled out my car so I canget back on the road. Now we get to go after his insurance to get re-imbursed for all claims. I haven't heard anything from his insurance in about 2 weeks so Monday morning I see my atterney about it all.

Thanks for all the thoughts guys!
I never thought I would have a car that I liked so much and actually cared if something happened to it.

I have switched gears a little and went with more of a family car in a 2007 Mercury Milan Preimer. I now it's not a Mazda but it does have the Mazda Tranny and the Mazda 6 frame (somewhat).

Hey, sorry about your loss. We all know how great those little cars are...
Best of luck with the claim, and positive thoughts are sent your way for the rapid healing of your wife and yourself.

The same thing happened to me about a year ago... but my truck was parked on the side of the road... and guy doing a bout 60-70 down a local back road slammed into my truck ripping the front axle off and ripping apart his car.. he then got out and ran! I was not in the truck. It was parked a few houses down and I was at a girls house.. heard him fly by and i said "oh god i hope he does not hit my truck" not even 20 sec later you hear a loud "BAM!" and i dropped to my knees. so I ran down to the truck and he was running in the woods, chased him for awhile then gave up, cops came with the state k9 and everything. found out where he was cause his stupid g/f showed up and was like my dad called me... and the cop goes.. we havent sent anything out yet.! so they knew right away something was up.. so they made her go get him and she came back empty handed. so they go ok... we are busting in... and they dragged his ass out and i had ID him.. He too was drunk, suspended license for 3 past DUIs! and he was driving the car w/o permission. (was his girl friends car, insured under her dads name)... so he went to jail... and then his girl bailed him out ( retard )
her dads insurance paid for everything... they did not total my truck tho! was pissed about that part... but i sold it cause it was still ****** up after they fixed it. and thats made me get the MP3!

Here are some pics.
b4a913a4.jpg

206df882.jpg

.....yes thats my axle sitting in the bed of the truck.

Here is his car...

072206_00392.jpg

and yes thats a shattered windshield, His head slammed into it.

Hey Fryespirit37 I read you thread about your car when I posted mine last night. My insurance totaled out my car so I canget back on the road. Now we get to go after his insurance to get re-imbursed for all claims. I haven't heard anything from his insurance in about 2 weeks so Monday morning I see my atterney about it all.

Thanks for all the thoughts guys!
I never thought I would have a car that I liked so much and actually cared if something happened to it.

I have switched gears a little and went with more of a family car in a 2007 Mercury Milan Preimer. I now it's not a Mazda but it does have the Mazda Tranny and the Mazda 6 frame (somewhat).

Its not fun man, mine has been counted a total loss and I am waiting to hear what the insurance will offer. I haven't heard anything since last thursday really so its all up in the air.

I'm also stuck with the dilemma on cars... My wife prefers automatic and I prefer a manual and we can only afford one so unless they get me another mp3 I may have to deal with driving an automatic till I can get another car which is a bummer.

If you are lookin at cars still consider the mazda3. The 3i touring is only 18k new and is pretty nice as far as features and ride go. Then there is the Mazdaspeed3 which grows on me the more I think about it (considering I am usually not a big hatchback car type of guy).

Best of luck withthe insurance though. I'm ready to be done with them myself.

Back