13 cx5 2.0l auto, vibrating at highways speeds 110-140km/hr balanced tires 3x already

gregbayato89

:
2013 cx-5 GS FWD
don't really know what is wrong with my vehicle, but it's been vibrating since then, before a tire balancing would fix it, but after 2014 which they swapped my all seasons to winter on my OEM rims(it had no problems at all) it's after the toyo tires returned to OEM rims, then it was shaky, re-balanced it still shaky, and now winter came in, bough new alloys for winters, I've had it rebalanced 4x already one from the shop I bought the rims, 2nd one is from mazda, 3rd one is from goodyear, where I bought my winters, dunlop sj6. not to mention I balanced it myself at a shop where i do my part time.

FYI vehicle is at 40.000km, got it around march of 2013 as brand new.

I'm trying to give this vehicle as much love as I can, but It just kept pushing me away from it LOL!

if anyone has an answer for this I would really appreciate it, and thank you in advance,

Since you've changed tires and rims I'd say the issue must lie inboard of that.

Perhaps a failed CV joint, warped rotor or damaged driveshaft. But I'm stretching here because this is a very unusual problem.

I would jack it up with and place a solid object next to the tread with a small clearance and turn the wheel by hand and see if you detect the tire or wheel out of round or perhaps the hub bent. Do it in the middle of the tread and then on the sides of the tread and tire. If one of the tires is significantly different from the others, rotate that tire/wheel and see if the out of round moves with the tire. If the new tire on that location is also out of round then its on the car and you have a hub problem, if it moves with the tire, replace that tire/wheel and test drive and see if it goes away.

It's only FWD, Cv joint, just in cas is it covered by warranty still? it's been also behaving like this even with OEM tires and rim Mazda/toyo's.
could it be the rotors, cause when I got it new, it was warped then I took back to the dealer, and they only machined the rotors?, where they should have replaced it due to it's a new vehicle that time? =(,

as of now can't jack it up, it's very cold here and cant even wash my car =(

or another theory is that, my hub Centric rings are cracked?

I have aftermarket wheels and used the plastic gorilla rings supplied by Tire___k. At my first tire rotation, two of those rings were cracked. Tire___k replaced them immediately but I drove around for a couple of days without them and felt zero effects of not having them there. I made sure that I tightened the lugs in the appropriate sequence and that's it. Good luck.

I have had an odd thing happen to a former car. I once had ice inside a tire. I can only guess that one of the gas station air lines had some water in the line and I pumped it in unknowingly. When it was liquid I would not feel it, when it was frozen I would. Pretty unusual, but a possibility.

Latest posts

Back