12 Volt Outlet in Arm Rest

CX5'R

:
16Mzd3 GT Hatch
So I use the 12 volt plug in the arm rest for my GPS charger and find it quite annoying that power continues to run through only this plug after the car is off. This results in me having to unplug/replug it every time I get in/out of the car so that my GPS does not continue to stay on. Sounds petty I know but it's just a nuisance since I never had to do this with my previous vehicle.

Does anyone know how to change this is in some way? Any help would be much appreciated!

Just answered this on the "other" forum. You can't run the charger off the front console plug?

You should be able to change this reasonably easily if you are handy. I have this exact 'mod' on my to-do list and will write it up when I get round to doing it :)

Basically, the fuse for the center armrest socket is in the underhood fuse block. The mod would be to use a fuse tap in an Switch-12V fuse position, and run the wire over to the "output" side of the socket fuse position ("R.OUTLET2") after removing the original fuse. Only issue it to find a switched unused fuse and verify which side of the old fuse is 'out'. You'll also have to solder the leg from half of an old fuse (cut in half) to the wire from the fuse tap, so you can plug it in.

UPDATE: I checked this today. There are no unused switched-12V fuse positions that you can vampire off, but you can use a fuse tap in the AUDIO.2 position, which would extend over two empty fuse slots. So, looks pretty easy. Will do this this weekend.

Last edited:
You should be able to change this reasonably easily if you are handy. I have this exact 'mod' on my to-do list and will write it up when I get round to doing it :)

Basically, the fuse for the center armrest socket is in the underhood fuse block. The mod would be to use a fuse tap in an unused Switch-12V fuse position, and run the wire over to the "output" side of the socket fuse position ("R.OUTLET2") after removing the original fuse. Only issue it to find a switched unused fuse and verify which side of the old fuse is 'out'. You'll also have to solder the leg from half of an old fuse (cut in half) to the wire from the fuse tap, so you can plug it in.

Interesting. That doesn't sound too difficult. I would prefer to not have to solder though. Anyway around doing that?

Interesting. That doesn't sound too difficult. I would prefer to not have to solder though. Anyway around doing that?
Well you need something to plug into the 'output' side of the R.OUTLET2 fuse position. You could use a second fuse tap (without a fuse in place) and crimp the wires from the fuse taps together, I guess. (Presupposing there's room to do that.)

Look at black vue smart power you can set voltage so cuts power at desired voltage drop adjustable
( ie flexible and easy to wire in )

Back