11 psi

:
2003.5 Titanium Gray MSP
So I finally got a boost gauge installed. My MSP is pushing 11 pounds. I've always read that stock, the cars push 7-9. The only things I've done to the car is put in a Corksport CAI and a Turbohoses SMIC/pipes. Is 11 pounds normal/alright?

Make sure your boost gauge is accurate but are you the second owner? Previous owner maybe installed a boost controller? If not your waste gate actuator might be going out and need replacing.
Atp turbo sells a 7 psi drop in replacement.

Also check vac lines for leaks to the wga. Should read 19-21hg in idle.

Last edited:
as stated above, 11psi is too high especially untuned. if your vac at idle is low or car is running a little rough at idle could be a vac leak or your wastegate is either A) failing or B) been adjusted for more psi. 6-7 psi is stock with it spiking to 8psi and holding at 6 psi

not to thread jack but I sort of have the same thing going on. I run -22hg vacuum at idle and 10psi. no boost controller. CAI, ETS SMIC, SILICON I.C. PIPES, FCD, TURBOSMART WGA, CORKSPORT CATBACK.

thing is that I am afraid to go past 1/2 throttle thinking of blowing the engine. owned the car almost a year now and not once have I put it to the floor or near it.

Popped my first motor @~11psi w/ zero engine/fuel/timing mgt. Stock boost on these things is 5-6 psi. Would def start w/ new wg actuator, esp if gauge hooked up right.

you cannnn but not at low rpms. generally this car seems to work better if you build boost at partial throttle and open it up gently. with the mods you have it would probably be ok at 10 psi, just dont pin in 5th at 2200rpm and boost... that will end bad from what ive been told.. of course i do it all the time at 7 psi lol.

I'm running 9.5 with a atp wga. No issues, still rich on a/f ratio.
Easiest way to check it is to take it to your local dyno shop and make a couple of runs to check your a/f ratio.

This makes me curious, because I idle around -22 & -24 hg, and I boost up to at least eight pounds.
Mods are :2.5 inch cat-back, ATP waste-gate rated at 7psi, and Corksport intercooler hoses. Today was a scary one indeed. I was pushing my car up to 8psi, then suddenly heard a pop! Engine stopped, and then the cel came on....popped the hood to find my intercooler pipe had blew off the turbo... *tightened my s**** still scared me half to death.

I've had that happen twice in the two years i've had my FMIC setup, definitely a scary experience but always a huge relief when the car runs fine.

Back