1 Year Anniversary!

superbike7

:
2007 Touring
Well it was one year ago this week that I brought home our 2007 Mazda 5 Touring. We were looking for a bigger vehicle to replace our 1993 Honda Accord and needed more space for baby #3. I like to think of myself as somewhat knowledgable about cars but I had never heard of a Mazda 5. It was my wife who discovered this type of vehicle and got me looking into these microvans. Needless to say after some research, a few reviews and a test drive I was sold. We are both people who like to drive and were very happy that we were not doomed to a future of Caravans and Odysseys because we decided to have a family of five.
We started our search about three months earlier and quickly became discouraged. This is not a common vehicle in the southeastern US (I live in SC) where Suburbans and Expeditions rule the road. So we expanded our search to neighboring states. Also my wife really wanted a manual transmission which was even harder to find. Well one night as I searched Autotrader I decided to expand the search to include the whole East Coast. Way down in Ft. Lauderdale was a pristine, one owner, 2007 Touring with 50k and a 5 speed. He was only asking $9,995.00 so I gave him a call. Turned out to be a really nice guy in his mid 50's who was looking to get out of debt. He had meticulous records of every oil change and service and even gave me a Carfax report. We have a low cost airline (Allegiant) which flies to Ft. Lauderdale for $69, and a week later I was on a plane to pick it up. I test drove it, had it inspected, and a couple of days later I brought her home.
Here is a pic I took tonight. Just had some Yokohama Avid Envigors put on. This car has fit our needs so well. It gets decent MPG, its stylish, easy to park, versatile, and most of all is fun to drive.

Attachments

• DSC06824.JPG
    DSC06824.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
Great write up, exactly what I'm finding to be true with our '10 Sport, had it for about 3 wks. now. Ours is an automatic, didn't know they were available with stick till after we'd traded. Like your tint, just had ours done and still adding stuff, ventshades, and have a trailer hitch + wiring kit and rear bumper protector on the way. Every time I get to drive the 5, makes me like it more.

We passed our 1 year anniversary last month too. I found ours through ebay of all places and bought it from Michigan without ever seeing it in person. Looked for 2 months and couldn't find any locally either. Had it shipped to NW Georgia where we met it and traded off our other vehicle which were selling to a family member. Picked it up and drove home to NW Florida. Call me crazy, but we got a great deal.

Hah same color as mine. Me it took me almost 2 yrs to decide to buy the mazda5. It fits all my requirements, a van, good on gas, low insurance, affordable, chain drive, MT, lots of add ons, 17 inch wheels. I pulled the trigger when my insurance went down to affordable level. Thinking about it I didn't even have any plans of buying a car when I test drove it. It still looks the same as in my sig, I installed a CAI yesterday.

Mine is a 2010 MZ5 Sport

Hah same color as mine. Me it took me almost 2 yrs to decide to buy the mazda5. It fits all my requirements, a van, good on gas, low insurance, affordable, chain drive, MT, lots of add ons, 17 inch wheels. I pulled the trigger when my insurance went down to affordable level. Thinking about it I didn't even have any plans of buying a car when I test drove it. It still looks the same as in my sig, I installed a CAI yesterday.

I love mine...I traded a 06 Jetta for it. Hated the electrical issues of the Jetta (it screwed with me for 5 years, bulbs burning out non-stop and much worse issues)...I love the MZ5 and even got the spoiler and side sills with it...and also the 5 cd changer/ mp3 jack...have nothing bad to say...looks like it's gonna by a lucky car...

I'm a couple days shy of one year as well. Love my 5. It hauls all my gear to gigs, is pretty good on long road trips (passed 25,000 miles last week), and so far has not hiccuped even once. It just goes. Good vehicle.

Great to see another 2007 with a 5 speed :)

Had mine since June 2010, love it. 49000 on it. Tinted looks WAAAY better. Also a good upgrade to consider is an in-dash 7" DVD/NAVI unit, best 500 I've spent on the car so far :)

Only had 1 problem (which is still current, will get it done this week) - brake sensor is not working, so not brake lights and cruise control :(

Latest posts

Back