07 CX7 installed rebuilt engine cranks but wont start

RobD

:
Mazda CX7 2007
Symptoms: Cranks but will not start. Firing on cylinder 1-2-4 once during each start sequence. Will not fire again no matter how long you crank it. Cylinder 3 is not firing at all.
History: Original engine threw a piston on cylinder 1, smashed plug and cracked housing. Engine was replaced with a new short block and components swapped over. New engine would not fire.
Checks: Replaced camshaft and crankshaft sensors and wiring harness. Engine then began firing once as stated in symptoms above. No error codes at that time.
All coils have 12V and 5 V at connectors. All coil resistances are per the manual (resistance check). Replaced all plugs.
Checked all fuses and relays.
Checked camshaft timing and checked crankshaft pulley setting.
Checked fuel pump relief valve (not blown).
Security light illuminates and then goes out.
Fuel injector resistance is per spec.
Changed main wiring harness and coil harness.
Compression is within spec per manual.
VVT sensor was checked in spec per manual
PCM was sent in and tested. No problems detected.
Changed one coil that had different resistance readings that the other 3, not sure it was bad.
Checked about ten other components, all within specs per manual.
Fuel pump is running. Fuel pressure is 65-70 psi, but not higher during cranking.
RPM are 250 rpm or so, while cranking. Battery is over 12 V.
All checks and attempt to crank are with turbo cooler removed from engine.
Trouble Codes: After replacing the camshaft and crankshaft sensors, there were no error codes. It was recommended to send the PCM in to check for damage due to the original engines damage to cylinder 1 plug. When the PCM was reinstalled, I now have error codes P2127, P0107, P0192.

Just found one issue.....the rebuilt engine was installed with an intake camshaft wo a tone wheel. Therefore, the crankshaft and camshaft sensors were out of time and the engine shutdown after one cycle. The engine rebuilder is promising to send me the correct camshaft.... My local Mazda dealer confirmed that the intake camshaft with tone wheel is one part not a separate tone wheel part.

Hello I would like to know the conclusion I have exactly the same problem

The engine rebuilder agreed and sent a new intake camshaft. The engine now fires on 1 and 4 but not 2 and 3. Sent in computer for testing and no issues. Still doesn't run.

Back