07 350z vs 07 MS3

My co-workers brother challenged me to a race next week at the tracks and he drives a 07 350z with intake and exhaust and I drive a 07 MS3 with intake and TBE. He says he will smoke me by over a second. What should i expect if we were both average drivers. He also says he would walk me on the freeway also but i dont feel like dying so i dont race there.

I think at the track, you should be able to run mid 13's and him, probably the same and maybe low 13's if he can get a good launch. On the freeway, I think you'll beat him by a car.

I had an 04 350z enthusiast. At the track the best I ever ran was a 14.1 @99 mph. I too had an intake and exhaust. Every time I launched I had nasty wheel hop through first and second. My bone stock 02 Mustang GT ran a 13.9 @99 with about 40 less Hp. Race him, beat him and then laugh that you paid 7K less. (headbang)

If all the factors are even, I say you win. If not, you can still haul much more than him, get better gas mileage, and paid a lot less.

You will win on the Hwy and on the strip it will all depend on the drivers who will win....Dont forget to tape it...

i raced my friends z from a stop and beat him by a car in every gear. theyre over rated

I've driven my friend's 350z and I wasn't too thrilled. The suspension feels great, but I just like torque. I think you'll win, but even so... you already have cause your car is fast, looks better, cheaper, and extremely practical.

Winning is all relative.

Not really because everybody and their mother drives a 350Z but only 5000 people a year get a Mazdaspeed 3.

And everyone that's not driving a 350Z is driving a Mazda 3 which looks just like a Speed 3 to the untrained eye.

I had an 05 350z with intake, plenum, cats, cat back exhaust, and new clutch and lightened flywheel and I was running 13.6s in hot as crap weather. he should be running high 13's with those mods. you should be running mid to low 13's with yours. honestly, it'll be a driver's race though.

hmmm I'm reading about the 07... maybe he'll be able to run mid 13's if he really knows how to launch. in that car, it's ALL about the launch.

still. driver's race. they're very comparable in the quarter mile. let us know how it turns out!

with very light mods they'll run low 13's and if he has gears he can run 12's with drag radials. I hope you beat him but i think it's a drivers race either way.

Our car will run a 12 with slicks, a cut airbox, midpipe, and I think driver was running 18pounds?

As I say on other forums, bench racing is for people who play Halo on easy. Go race and find out. My money is on you. And if you take it to a closed track that just happens to have a long straight, I'd say you'd walk away from him very easily.

Back