06 vs 07

bukgoong

is there a big difference between msp6 06 and 07? i know 06 had a few problems . 07 jus a fixed version of all the recalls the 06 were getting?

07 comes with a new computer reflash, the seats feel more comfortable (better cushioning in the back), the leather seems softer, and to me, it rides quieter.

I have an 06, but a buddy of mine from work has an 07 and these are the things I noticed. Most of them are subjective, and also possibly just due to manufacturing differences/anomolies rather than "design changes"

I would like to know if there are any engine component differences between the two years, because it seems to be the 06's that are blowing up.

Feel free to chime in anyone else.

I could be wrong, but i think there were a couple minor interior "deletes" in the 07's .. 06 specifications listed silver metal scuff plates on the bottom doorsills .. however my 07 did not come with them.. if I remember correctly, I belive the cargo net in the trunk was standard on the 06's as well and optional on the 07's? Anyways, do any 07 owners have these metal scuff plates?

no metal scuff plates here, i believe 06 and 07 (canadian models) don't have them at all....corrrect me if i'm wrong~

cargo net is extra on all.

no changes, just correction of the issues found in the 06's and slightly different color options.

i think the high pressure fuel pump is different, 07 got the latest version that can handle better delivering fuel at high pressure for our DISI engine, and of course, the clutch pedals and plates vast improvement over the type A clutch, and some what of a softer feel over the type B

is there a big difference between msp6 06 and 07? i know 06 had a few problems . 07 jus a fixed version of all the recalls the 06 were getting?

uh why do people get these mixed up so much, its ms6... and the euro version is mps6 not msp6, nobody calls a speed6 mps though... msp only stands for speed proteges, i made a thread on 6club about msp's and they thought i was talking about the speed6's

Stainless scuff plates on my 07, no net. I am supremely pissed off about the power loss, though. That's a full riding mower's worth of power, GONE! lol.

Stainless scuff plates on my 07, no net. I am supremely pissed off about the power loss, though. That's a full riding mower's worth of power, GONE! lol.

That's okay - I'll make up those 4bhp on my '07 with some yellow stickers. Those have to be worth at least 5 whp each! LOL...

Painted my mirrors yellow last week, got 20 hp by butt dyno, easy! Blue neon in the intake hood scoop (it IS a scoop ya know! Just, stealthy scoopage... like a chick who LOOKS like she has tiny tits but when you get her shirt off, really has a big rack.) Oh ya. Our cars have a hidden big tit scoop.

Last edited:
Back