06 Mazdaspeed 6 CLUTCH

I've got a question....I have no problem with an early engagement of the clutch...but don't like the "elevated" location of it. Can I just adjust location of the clutch with the one screw, without having to mess with the plunger...or if I monkey with one, I have to adjust the other?

Wayne

You know I went to the dealer and they told me that a pedal adjustment is stupid to do because A) you mess with factory settings and wont know if you messed something up aka early engagement or disenagagment and B) even if it lower, it is still going to be on or off and you still cant feather it.

I guess it made sense but who knows.....

TREES- I think I may have to do this on sunday, is that cool with you?

RsxtypeS said:
You know I went to the dealer and they told me that a pedal adjustment is stupid to do because A) you mess with factory settings and wont know if you messed something up aka early engagement or disenagagment and B) even if it lower, it is still going to be on or off and you still cant feather it.

They tell you things like that because they don't want you messing up the car and them having to fix it (especially if you're under warranty).

Also, as long as you know what you're doing and/or follow that tutorial, you won't mess anything up (and won't have to worry about engagement/disengagement problem).

RsxtypeS said:

I guess it made sense but who knows.....

TREES- I think I may have to do this on sunday, is that cool with you?
you will be able to tell if you are not disengaging by looking at it, i will show you what i am talkin about. i have printed the insructions and just give me a call 2day to let me know.

Hey guys I am South suburbs...maybe we could have a mazdaspeed6 clutch party. I would love to get some hands on help also....assuming my car is not DOA (read my other post about problems).

Back