06 HEMI Jeep Grand Cherokee

srtchick

:
2004 Silver SRT-4/06 STI
06 HEMI Grand Cherokee

0816news_hemi6_rear.jpg

Jeep's marketing has always centered around off-road abilities. Higher performance for a Jeep has always meant ability to climb a steeper grade or tackle a rougher trail. Now these prototypes, caught during summer testing, indicate a new type of high-performance - performance on the road rather than on the trail.​

Jeep engineers were spied recently with two similarly equipped high-performance Grand Cherokees. Some disguise covers the front end, but one can still clearly see the huge lower bumper air intake scoop that is much larger than the standard intake. This indicates the need for additional engine cooling as used on high-performance engines, typically those that are turbo or supercharged. Considering that the standard Grand Cherokee already can be equipped with a HEMI V-8 engine, this even more powerful model must indeed pack in the horsepower.

The prototype vehicles are equipped with large diameter six-spoke alloy wheels shod with very low-profile high-performance tires - tires meant for use on the street and not off-road. It is also interesting to note that the big dual exhaust pipes are located in the center of the rear bumper - taking up the slot normally used for a trailer hitch. No trailer towing for these street racers!

But what will Jeep call this high-performance, street model? They have no history of such Jeeps. Perhaps they will borrow a designation from Dodge and call it the R/T, or maybe one from Chrysler and call it the SRT. Whatever it is called, you can be sure it will be one fast Jeep.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

The rear tail lights look too similiar to the Dodge Caravan.

Yeah, center exhaust on a SUV is really smart. Like no one is going to want to tow a trailer with a SUV....duh.

I posted some picts of future cars a while back and the jeep was one of the most impr

JeepVarsity2.jpg

JeepVarsity3.jpg

JeepVarsity4.jpg

the new jeep willies .
jeep-willy2-side-640.jpg

jeep-willy2-tent-40.jpg
jeep-willy2-top-side-40.jpg

jeep-willy2-inside-640.jpg

jeep-willy2-rear-640.jpg

New Concept Vehicle Technology Willys2 also continues to lead the industry by using frame-web technology with a one-piece carbon fiber body on an aluminum frame. Found in today's top performance sports and military equipment, Willys2 has a lightweight aluminum frame and carbon fiber hardtop that is removable.

i think the williys are so unusual that I like em, alot. even that green color isnt bad and the material technology in the willy2 alone makes me want to take out out in the hills and romp that crap out of it to see what its capable of....my buddy is in the process of buying a rubicon just for these occasions.

p5sundevil said:
i think the williys are so unusual that I like em, alot. even that green color isnt bad and the material technology in the willy2 alone makes me want to take out out in the hills and romp that crap out of it to see what its capable of....my buddy is in the process of buying a rubicon just for these occasions.
I agree, it's so ****** up I like it, but I know I shouldn't.

I hope that center exhaust is only on the test mule. I can't believe that no one stepped in and said "Uh, I think there might be a small problem here"

are you guys shiting me .. the green one has a one piece carbon fiber body with a pure aluminum frame but only a 140 HP motor 4 banger .... just think what you could accomplish with a solid CF body with aluminum frame .that there is a melody for madness and Dayum .. if you were to mod that motor or even swap .. holy sheep s*** batman ... that thing would ****** roast ... then again thats after you remove the facory 24-25 inch wheels and tires that weight almost 150lbs a peice

Back