05 Mazda 6

Sup Im thinking about putting some 19" or 20" rims on my 05 Mazda 6 and I cant find the exact lug pattern for the car. I know Im going to be really mad if I buy some rims/tires from EBay and they end up not fitting on the car. Also was wondering what size tires would be required with either a 19" or 20" rim to avoid rubbing. Thanks in advance.

Also wondering...

I was also wondering if the 18" rims I have on my 99 Mazda 626 (LX 4cyl) would fit on the 05 Mazda 6.. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

DeleriousGuilt said:
Sup Im thinking about putting some 19" or 20" rims on my 05 Mazda 6 and I cant find the exact lug pattern for the car. I know Im going to be really mad if I buy some rims/tires from EBay and they end up not fitting on the car. Also was wondering what size tires would be required with either a 19" or 20" rim to avoid rubbing. Thanks in advance.

Read this FIRST (thought)

http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96891

The car was designed on 16's. I'd stick to no higher then +2 (18's) unless you want massive performance loss. Going from a lightweight 16 to a lightweight 18 in this car is about a 0.5 second loss in the 1/4 mile. I'd gander that since pushing the weight farther from the hub makes its effect expodentially higher, your looking at a 1.5 second loss in the 1/4 mile...or your 6s atx being slower then a 6i mtx. (in a straight line)

Of course for some reason people think rubberbands look cool (guess they miss their old bicycles), so do whatever floats your boat.

This is of course ignoring the fact that its almost impossible to find a tire with a 91 or higher load rating in a 19 or 20 inch wheel that fits the car.

19"s would be fine, i would not do the 20". I would also not by any wheels off ebay.

Your bolt pattern is a 5 x 114.3 (5 x 4.5") with somewhere around a 45+ offset. I would use a 225/35/19 for tires.
Do you plan on lowering the car?

KYMP5 said:
19"s would be fine, i would not do the 20". I would also not by any wheels off ebay.

Your bolt pattern is a 5 x 114.3 (5 x 4.5") with somewhere around a 45+ offset. I would use a 225/35/19 for tires.
Do you plan on lowering the car?

Gunna go with the 19's.. The problem with lowering the car is that im pretty sure it will void my warranty.

lowering your car will not void your warranty. search for some threads regarding warranty and the magnusson moss act.

if you lower the car, make sure you get 19"s with at least 42mm of offset or you may run into rubbing issues.

225/35/19 is below the required load rating for the car. If you want to run that tire size, you will have to go wider, or higher profile to maintain the 91 required load rating. Running lower then required load ratings can and will result in increased chances of...

1) Rim damage
2) Sidewall damage
3) Tire blowout
4) Abnormal and rapid tire wear

You will need to run a minimum of 235/35/19 to reach the required 91 load rating. This requires a wheel with an 8 inch wide rim, and an offset of +48 or higher. You will also need to roll your rear fenders for fitment.

I'd consider the bare minimum offset for this car to be +45, with +48 or higher highly recommended to allow fitment of wider rubber.

Quoted from: http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114990

DeleriousGuilt said:
I have some chrome 18" rims on my 99 Mazda 626 and Im thinking about seeing if they will fit on the 05 Mazda 6.. What I was wondering was if 225/40/18 tires would fit on the 05 Mazda 6 with no rubbing or other problems.. Thanks in advance.

My rear 2 wheels are shredding rubber on the outter side of the tire.. Its only happening when i rub while making a sharp turn or going over a speed bump.. Only 3 to 4 times a day since i put them on so I guess its not that bad.. I plan on buying 19's after i save up some cash and ill be sure to not put something as wide as these 18's since they are rubbing due to the width of the tire..

My car is much faster when I put the winter tires and wheels. 15 inch steelies.

Here is what the car looks like winterised.

Attachments

• Imagen 004.jpg
    Imagen 004.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:
Don't forget to add 8 is the max width rim with propper offset and or rolled fenders the 6 will accept. Wider is better untill the fenders scrape the hell out of those brand new chrome shoes ;)

If you are running a tire size smaller then 235/35/19 (load rating 91)...you are risking tire blowout and damage to your vehicle. Load ratings aren't recommendations, they are requirements!

I think this says it best...

pennyarcade8dt.jpg

Edited by lolwtferic

Last edited by a moderator:
holding it in with a smile :) ..."Grown Man" rims can be done but as stated with correct tires, offset and fender rolling, pulling, or cutting. 21 and older rims are just gonna be a b**** to even dream. There are lowering kits for the 6 but don't think they have lift kits. Just a word of advice..20" rims aren't for racing or going fast in a hurry. They are ment to be driven slow to show them off.

1killercls said:
Bigger wheels rob horesepower...and rediculosly oversized wheels are definatly played out.
Depends who you talk to. raising a car and putting 26" on has become the current thing now. You watch the VMA's?

help with 18's on an '04 Mazda6

I'm trying to put 18x7.5 wheels with an offset of 45 on my '04 Mazda6 and I wanted to know which size tires would allow me to mount them without having to roll the fender and not have them rub in the rear. (uhm)

Back