'04 Mazda 3 2.3 5 speed manual stutter when shifting redline 1st into 2nd???

calimazda3

:
2004 Mazda 3S 2.3L
Hello all.

Need your help please!!!

When shifting at redline in first into second gear, the car has a slight
stutter or bobble right after getting into second gear at about 4k rpm or
so.

Anyone have this issue & by chance fix it or anyone know how to fix it?

Please let me know.

Thanks all!!!

Here's the video on YouTube so you can see/hear it what I'm talking about:

I tried embedding it and I guess it won't on this forum, clicky here for the video please:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgvBHs_JOZc

I don't have mazda3 but I do have a P5 and I know some about cars. I would check your fuel filter depending on how many miles you have on it. I use to have an old pick up that would do that until I changed the fuel filter. It sounds like something is messed up with the fuel system. How many miles on the car?

You know I haven't thought about the fuel filter. She's got 118k miles.

How hard is it to change the fuel filter?

not to bad, like Ride92 i dont have a 3 but in my MSP the fuel filter is attached to the fuel pump which is in the gas tank.

the access door for the fuel pump in the protege is under the reat sears. So yours might be there or in the trunk area.

My fc has the filter in the engine bay seperate from fuel pump.

all you have to do is just find the access door, unscrew it, replace the filter, and then screw back on. Not too hard, but take your time with the screws usually they are really soft screws and can be stripped easily.

Should take 2 hours tops for you to do it, if your filter is in the tank look into picking up a walboro 255lph fuel pump. Not sure how much you plan on modding the car but never hurts to add it while your in there.

Gotcha, it just doesn't make sense why it would only do it in that gear at that rpm. (scratches head)

I've searched a few forums and u have to drop the tank on the 3 to get the fuel filter done. At this point it'll be pricey, and it doesn't really make any sense why it would do it at that gear change only and no where else. There's no other issues anywhere else. (knocks on wood)

Thanks all for the help.

Apparently what they say about adjusting your habits when shifting with new clutch and ligtened flywheel is tru. I adjusted
the way I shift with making sure my feet are off of the pedals when upshifting from 1st and 2nd. It was either my foot still being on top of the clutch pedal for a just a bit too long or me getting on the gas a lil too early. Now I adjust completely make sure
that my foot is off of the clutch pedal after engaging it into the second and then making sure that my gas pedal foot is off
the gas pedal and then when its in gear getting back on the gas.

Apparently it was me slipping the clutch with either riding the clutch slightly or not letting off of the gas completely.

I hope I'm making sense to you guys. But no more issues, and if it does it again, its cuz I'm resorting back to my old way of driving.

Latest posts

Back