04/17/2004 -- 1st Annual Northeastern/Midatlantic U.S Protege Meet: PRELIMINARY INFO

jersey_emt

:
04 MSM #1089
Details will be posted when they become available!! Things are just starting to get organized, so be patient for info :)

Note: Date has been changed..when I looked at the calendar for April, I accidentally looked at the 2003 calendar (hand)!

Tentative date: April 17, 2004
Tentative rain date: April 24, 2004
(These dates may change if the proper permits cannot be acquired for these dates)

A site has been recommended by members of the forum: Johnson Park, in New Brunswick, NJ (East-central NJ, easy access from the NJ Turnpike aka I-95...the zip code is 08901). You can find park information here: http://co.middlesex.nj.us/parksrecreation/johnson.asp

This park has been the successful site of an extremely large (120+ car) regional meet for Maximas. This will be the real deal, and will require a lot of planning. A small entrance fee might be needed depending on costs of any required permits, or if we decide to have raffles/giveaways/etc.

I'm going to need lots of help for this one.

(posted by DiS):
<b>Ok here are the rules that I ALREADY know concerning Johnson Park.</b>
NO burnouts
NO peelouts
NO racing - its a Public Park not an air strip.
NO other crap.
Once me, Jersey_EMT and CustomMSP will get a permit WE are responsible for the parking lot. IF you do any of the above or other stupid stuff, you WILL be dismissed and asked to leave, I personally will make sure that you will leave the lot. Its gonna be my name on the permit. If you **** around We wont be able to get another permit there. NO bulls*** people. This is not going to be a race track. Be wise. As far as alcohol. Bring it in coolers but dont go around the Park with a bottle of Grey Goose asking people if they want a shot. Alcohol is not permitted on the premises but we can have it as long as park rangers dont see it. COOLERS will do the trick.

Well, enough said about the rules. Everything is pretty common, just like a common sense

We will start making a list of Attendee's ASAP, also I or Jersey_EMT will start another thread "WHO WILL BRING WHAT" to the meet as far as drinks, food and condiments-(plates, forks knifes) We will need foldable tables and few grills. Tent will also be a good idea. If we will have any authorized dealers at the meet we MIGHT have raffles.

ALSO Im thinking of starting the meet around 9 or 10am in the morning. That way we will have the whole day for the meet. None of that 3 hours thing just like mini-meets. THIS WILL BE A 1ST ANNUAL NORTHEAST MIDATLANTIC MEET Lets make it as big as possible.

Last edited:
SpicyMchaggis said:
so..are you guys going to come to the kent meet? its going to be huge..

Highjacking the thread already? :D Im gonna try to but cant promise because of my job.

no Burnouts? I can't, well, have never even done one :)
I should be able to make it (yes)

Ill have some to show off, Just ordered real nice head unit and my ss shifter is also on its way. Plus gonna throw my system from maxima into Protege. WOOHOO. LOTS OF PEOPLE BETTER SHOW UP.

Once again. Communication is broken down. People dont follow directions. 1st post includes the link to the Park website. Take NJ Turnpike to Exit 9. Get off at exit 9 and keep to the left (road will split into 18North-thats left 2 lanes, and Route 1North-thats right 2 lanes) Go straight through 2 traffic lights. 3rd traffic light make a right (thats River Road) Park is on ur right (Make 1st right on River road)

Don't really worry about keeping this post clean....once we get some concrete information down, I'm deleting this 'PRELIMINARY INFO' thread and starting a 'GENERAL MEET INFO' thread :)

Yea, that... and once we get some hard information (permit and other stuff) lets get this thread STICKY

We dont have to worry about it being clean, So we can say **** s*** balls without worry.....nice

DiS said:
Once again. Communication is broken down. People dont follow directions. 1st post includes the link to the Park website. Take NJ Turnpike to Exit 9. Get off at exit 9 and keep to the left (road will split into 18North-thats left 2 lanes, and Route 1North-thats right 2 lanes) Go straight through 2 traffic lights. 3rd traffic light make a right (thats River Road) Park is on ur right (Make 1st right on River road)

yes, i can follow directions, just not familiar with that area as i had not heard of New Brunswick. sorry if my stupidity offended you.

sidpro5 said:
yes, i can follow directions, just not familiar with that area as i had not heard of New Brunswick. sorry if my stupidity offended you.

LOL, definetly not bro! Dont take me seriously here, unless I start swearing :D I missunderstood what u ment to say. But yea if you need any help getting to New Brunswick just let me know.
LETS GO PEOPLE WE NEED MORE!!!

Directions from every major highway will be listed once we get the initial planning done...after we have enough info to start the 'GENERAL INFO' thread.

Come on people! Sign up! You have plenty of time to request time off from work. No excuses! :D

Back