04-05 3 Owners check them Mounts!

hworth18

:
Mazda3s
Short story, I bought my 04' brand new and have had zero problems with it until the last few months.. It got real loose and everytime I hit a bump, it felt like the front end was going to fall off. It felt like the car was just falling apart on me. I took it to my shop and replaced the struts which helped a little, but it still didn't do anything for the frontend. Basically, I thought I had a CV joint going bad but my mechanic pointed out that my #3 motormount was bad (the mount is fluid filled and the bladder ruptured, the motor mount was just sitting metal to metal). After doing a little research, I found out that there was a TSB on the mount and obviously, they were defective. Since I had 4 years and over 100 grand on the speedo, my only option was to pay for it. We replaced the mount and it has made a world of difference in the issues I was having.
Now my car feels like it did when it was new. the frontend doesn't rattle and there aren't any more annoying sounds.

So if you are having similar issues, check out that mount!

Yea I too have had a problem with motor mounts in the car, except for me, the passenger mount exploded one morning. Thankfully it was still under warranty, plus since Mazda knew the design was faulty, it was replaced for no charge.

Back