03 msp stall issue

I work at Bluebonnet Ford in New Braunfels, damn and I already spent $98 on it >:/

Bad news...wasn't the VICS solenoid, although since I plugged in the new one (since I'm stuck with it now) the stalling seemed to get a little better, but now I've noticed that my car completely shuts off when I shift into another gear passing 4,000 rpms and if I leave the clutch in whole going into the next gear without giving it gas my car shuts off, the only other code my car threw was a knock sensor code, could a knock sensor be causing this??

I know it may sound dumb but is there 2 if you have the upgrades piping? Because I believe I cleaned the maf if its the one right after the air filter

No just one MAF sensor, if it is before the turbo it is likely there is a leak somewhere which would cause the stall. Check your couplers for leaks.

Well looked at my maf sensor this morning and I think I found my problem, it's just that white little stick in there, I believe I'm missing the two thin wires that are supposed to be in there also?? Correct me if I'm wrong please

No you won't see any wires, if the MAF was missing any pieces the car barely run or not at all. You can't really tell if a MAF is dirty just by looking at it just use real MAF sensor cleaner, all the techs I work with used the brake cleaner we had in the shop.

But I'm looking at other pictures of the MAF on our cars and they all have those 2 really thin pieces of wire in there, my maf doesn't have those right now

Like I said if the MAF didn't have those wires the car would not run or would barely run, not just occasionally stall.

Well mine doesn't have them it just has that solid little white one, I cleaned it this morning before I took off to work and nope same thing still stalls

I don't think it's a boost leak because it boosts up pretty fine it's just when I push my clutch in and hold it in and let my RPM's drop it just shuts off, but if I leave it in gear and come up on my clutch like let it go the car turns back on

Reset the computer and see what happens, what you are describing is a leak after the MAF sensor aka a boost or vacuum leak.

Judging and remembering when this problem started I believe the upgraded piping on the passenger side that is closest to the ground got knocked too hard when I took this dip last weekend, I'm going to use one of the lifts at work and see if there is anything loose, I believe there will be something loose, you can see scratches on the pipe on the bottom where it might have knocked something lose let's hope this is it

Back