03.5 Protege Racingharts on a 5

Evan_in_CA

:
2006 Mazda5 Touring
Well I took a leap and got a set of the gunmetal Racingharts from an '03.5 Protege. I hope they look as nice as I think they will on my white 5!(rockon)

0d61_3.JPG

Great, I luv MAZDASPEED gear (or chosen by MAZDASPEED).

Added to my list of favorite Mazda5 wheels (RX-8, MAZDASPEED6, MAZDASPEED3 already included :D)

Those are 17in, correct?

17x7, but the offset is 55, so I'm a bit worried that they won't sit out far enough. Guess that spacers can take care of that, but I prefer to not run spacers... I'm all giddy about it, I think it's going to look sweet.(thumb)

I was about to ask why you were replacing chrome rims with chrome rims based on the photo, but then read gunmetal. They should look nice on the 5, especially with the bigger brakes filling them out!

17x7, but the offset is 55, so I'm a bit worried that they won't sit out far enough. Guess that spacers can take care of that, but I prefer to not run spacers... I'm all giddy about it, I think it's going to look sweet.(thumb)

those rims look dope. 100x better than the poop your car came with. (wiggle)

I used to be against spacers. But I've been rockin some purty big spacers on my old bimmer with no issue. pushes my 16x8s out far enough to clear the coilovers.

zaino.jpg

There were some "issues" with PayPal that has delayed my payment for them, so they haven't even shipped yet. It will probably be another couple of weeks before they make it on the car.(shrug)

Well the wheels finally came in and I'm pissed, the guy said they were perfect and they are not. Lots of nicks and scratches and one of them is not only missing the center cap, but the bolts for it are broken off in the wheel.(rant)

So, no pics until I get it sorted out.(dark)

(sad2), if the guy posted tricky pics its time for PayPal to do the right thing and get the sucker's payment back.

Hope all goes well, those are nice wheels...

Well I finally decided that I can live with the wheels, it will be easier to sell the multi-pattern chrome ones that were on the car and I don't want to deal with finding another set anyways. I fixed the one with the borked bolts, got a new center cap and polished them up, so they look pretty good. I still need to get some decent lugnuts, the ones that were on the car are pretty ugly. Sooo, here's a couple of pics...

DSCN0345Large.jpg

DSCN0347Large.jpg

DSCN0346Large.jpg

Last edited:
Back