02 Sensor and MAP Sensor

dcdenonda

:
2003.5 MazdaSpeed Protege
I just bought a MSP , its a 2003.5 dark gray, number 287. I looked it up in the produtcion list I found in the forum. The CEL was on so i ran the codes and i need an 02 sensor and a MAP. Does anyone know what the MAP is and an estimate of how much they are??

I just bought a MSP , its a 2003.5 dark gray, number 287. I looked it up in the produtcion list I found in the forum. The CEL was on so i ran the codes and i need an 02 sensor and a MAP. Does anyone know what the MAP is and an estimate of how much they are??

To by knowledge, our vehicles don't use a MAP sensor - we have a mass airflow (MAF) sensor instead. Exactly what codes did you get?

Codes P106 and P507, the 106 is the 02 sensor and the 507, well i thought it was MAF but i took a second look and it was MAP?????

the msp has both a MAF and MAP/BARO sensor

This makes it a speed density system, the MAF is used as the primary metering device and the MAP/BARO is used as a self diagnotic aid and secondary reference so to speak

why there isnt a part listing as far as im aware of for a map/baro sensor is beyond me
but on several different scan tools i have used there is a map/baro sensor value shown

even my L-1 instructor looked at my car and said "wtf?"

Last edited:
Back