02 Running like crap??

BKJT05

:
2002 Protege 5
hey whats up everybody? is is possible since ive had my 02 pro5 for 10,000 miles now, and havent changed the oil, plugs, etc. thats y its running bad (dumb ?? i know) and im only get 22 mpg?? You think after a good tune up, ill be getting 30 like i use to? i almost traded it in today, but i relized i like my cheap payments, so i think im going to buy intake exhaust header to satisfy my speed craving, you think that combo will make me happy? i was going to go turbo, but i dont think ill race or anything so it will be pointless. i just want it to sound and look fast? Any comments are welcome...

BKJT05 said:
hey whats up everybody? is is possible since ive had my 02 pro5 for 10,000 miles now, and havent changed the oil, plugs, etc. thats y its running bad (dumb ?? i know) and im only get 22 mpg?? You think after a good tune up, ill be getting 30 like i use to? i almost traded it in today, but i relized i like my cheap payments, so i think im going to buy intake exhaust header to satisfy my speed craving, you think that combo will make me happy? i was going to go turbo, but i dont think ill race or anything so it will be pointless. i just want it to sound and look fast? Any comments are welcome...

whoa whoa whoa.. you havent changed your oil in 10,000 miles.. and you want to go turbo?!!!?!??!!?!?!? wow, u need to go changed your oil, plugs and air filter if i were you..

Matthew1785 said:
whoa whoa whoa.. you havent changed your oil in 10,000 miles.. and you want to go turbo?!!!?!??!!?!?!? wow, u need to go changed your oil, plugs and air filter if i were you..

i know, i know. i told myself when i baught this car i would do it every 3k miles like i should, but i drive it at work alot, and every week i say to myself to do it, but then i space it off. I want to go turbo, but i dont think i will, i dont think i need turbo to satisfy my speed needs, i think im just going to get the classic exhaust, intake, header.

uhhh ur oil will seriously make a diff, i sometimes go 1k over the 3k mark and dammm do i notice it and my car hates me for it so i stoped that badness and she runs like a clock. keep your perrrty white baby in good shape and she will thank you for it, ud be surprised i swear it has a mind of its own, sometimes its really fast and other times it sucks donkey dick but i love my white p5 and you should to, show it the respect

i shouldnt just say oil, do ur plugs and filter like ^^^^^

kableguy said:
uhhh ur oil will seriously make a diff, i sometimes go 1k over the 3k mark and dammm do i notice it and my car hates me for it so i stoped that badness and she runs like a clock. keep your perrrty white baby in good shape and she will thank you for it, ud be surprised i swear it has a mind of its own, sometimes its really fast and other times it sucks donkey dick but i love my white p5 and you should to, show it the respect

i shouldnt just say oil, do ur plugs and filter like ^^^^^

thanks, i cant wait to get my exhaust, intake header and complete tune up done, i can only imagine what the difference is going to be. Plus my drop and 18 inch konig unknowns. aww i can see it now..

BKJT05 said:
thanks, i cant wait to get my exhaust, intake header and complete tune up done, i can only imagine what the difference is going to be. Plus my drop and 18 inch konig unknowns. aww i can see it now..

please post pics when your done that will look badass on the whitey!!!

White P5's RULE! much love (shady)

First things first. Vehicle maintenance. Then worry about mods later. Never do a mod to cover up a lack of maintenance. ever. I will find you and slap you.

And 18" wheels won't help performance!

P-Funk! said:
First things first. Vehicle maintenance. Then worry about mods later. Never do a mod to cover up a lack of maintenance. ever. I will find you and slap you.

And 18" wheels won't help performance!

im not all about performance, im bout looks and having a little performance. and i got the oil changed today to mobil 1 synthetic. new filter. i can tell the difference big time.

pil change deffinitly made a huge difference. i already am getting way more mpg so far, ordered new spark plugs too, and my wheels will be here tomorrow so ill have to get some pics, also have been working on my grill, still need to let dry for 3 days and buff it, then that will be done. ill have pics of everything asap

Not to be rude or anything, but this is why I will never buy a used car.

I think you will be happy with a header, intake, exhaust, as long as your not going turbo, if you wanna go turbo all the above is useless.

I changed a friend of mines oil after 13k and I just wanna say, it was nasty as hell, almost felt like telling her to come back in 500 miles so I could change it again.

How many miles are on the car? If its still running not as well you could always give seafoam a chance, I did mine today:) Click Here for the how to.

Just putting seafoam in the tank made a huge difference in my MPG. I put 1/3 a can in every other tank until the seafoam was gone. went from 28 MPG to 30-31

Do the total seafoam (at the next oil change) (and an intake cleaning as well) - especially since you didn't change the oil and built up crud in the pan and top of the engine! Shame! Okay, i am over it! Just take good care of 'er? Okay? Please?

Wow,I've been over on my oil changes but never that far. Good thing you had it changed. As for the performance thing make sure all you maintenance is up to date before you mod. It will only bring you more problems in the future if the small stuff isn't taken care of now.

jeg0024 said:
How many miles are on the car? If its still running not as well you could always give seafoam a chance, I did mine today:) Click Here for the how to.

my car almost has 43k now. it seems to be running alot better now that i got the oil changed (synethic mobil 1) and im waiting for my spark plugs to put in.

i know, i told myself when i baught it that i would do all the maintance on time etc, but i drive it at work, and 3k miles comes fast, for now on i will deffinitly be keeping on top of things.

Okay - but consider yourself on Probation, Mister! [stern look]

No More Excuses!

j/king LoL

Seriously, you have to stay on top of this stuff. No car is reliable without proper maintenance.

Back