02 p5 air fuel gauge questions

GOTMY5

:
02 mazda p5
i just bought a auto meter air fuel gauge and need some info on install, i know i can wire into the o2 sensor or the computer but what wire do i tap into. any info would be a big help. (boom07)

Welcome to the site, Gotmy5. You'll find a lot of great info here, and some pretty cool people, too.

Everyone is going to tell you to search, so before you create a new thread, see what's already been said on the subject. Chances are, someone else had the problem before you.

I'll help you out on this one. Go here, read the whole thing:
http://www.protege5.com/vbb225/showthread.php?t=37920

I'm fairly sure the wiring between the P5 and MSP are the same in this regard. One of the P5 gurus will chime in eventually, I'm sure.

Ummm, I am about to purchase a autometer aif/fuel gauge, and I am curious to how it is installed on a non turbo, 2002 protege 5. the info Pretzellogic gave was for a turbo mazdaspeed mp5. and the info was kinda hard to follow. Anyone have instructions for this install for my car???

shouldnt matter. Thast how i hooked mine up on my MP5. One question though, Why are you putting an A/F quage on a non turbo car? Why would you even need to know if your running rich or lean when,
1. You will always run in the correct range since you havent modified anything that would affect A/F
2. You have no way to adjust it even if it was wrong

Just my 2 cents

well, I am doing a fiberglass housing for 3 gauges and a stereo that is going to be mounted right above the rearview mirror. I am thinking about going ahead and just getting a volt meter and a third option gauge, which I need some direction on. Should I get a oil temp gauge??? Any opinions are welcome... But I had to make room for 7.2 inch tv screen for the dash, and also am installing a x-box in the glovebox area. I added 3 guage pods to add a little spice to the fiberglass housing.

I can tell ya why I decided to get an A/F gauge for my non turbo. Its about the looks sometimes in customizing. Why do people spend money on big wheels and tires. Why would someone spend extra dollars on the Audiobahn amps and speakers with the flames. It can be all part of the total package. (Plus the lights on the A/F are cool at night) :)

Latest posts

Back